• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Help needed identifying title & author

wizardgmb

Several years ago I read a "thriller" book that I would like to recommend to someone else. Unfortunately I can't remember the title or author. :sad: I'm hoping that if I describe the book, somebody will have read it and can tell me the title or author or both.

- I believe the book is part of a series featuring the hero and when I read it 5-7 years ago it was the newest installment. I don't think the author is a big name like Grishom or Deaver, probably second or third tier.
- The hero is retired from the army, his ex-wife is still in Army intelligence and has custody of their young daughter. He spends a lot of time outdoors and may have been some kind of guide. He's a little on the shady side of things along the lines of John Sanford's Kidd character.
- The setting is a northern midwest state: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan...
- Plot involves the ex wife/Army seeking the hero's help tracking and stopping a terrorist plot in the state where he lives.

SPOILER ALERT: If you haven't read the book and don't want to know the outcome, ignore the next section!
- The hero and his ex trace the plot to a heavy equipment sales/rental company and discover that the rear tires of a backhoe have been filled with explosives. The backhoe is taken to a nuclear power plant construction project and an attempt is made to detonate the explosives next to a fuel rod holding tank. After thwarting the plot, the hero has to find his ex who has been kidnapped by the terrorists.

I've been trying unsuccessfully to remember the missing information or find it on the web for a couple of weeks. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Back