• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Help please. I'm desperate!

Genie

Hi everyone. I know we don't know each other that well, and I know this probably isn't the best place to ask for advice on this issue but like I said, I'm desperate.

Today I went into town and spotted those new hair highlighting kits. Thinking about all the time and money I would save I bought one. (Also thinking I was being rather clever.) Picturing the gorgeous, sexy blonde streaks I was soon to have, I couldn't wait to get it home and become a blonde bombshell. (My own hair is naturally dark blonde and I wanted lighter streaks) So anyway to cut a long story short, I now have big yellow blobs in my hair, :( And not the nice light streaks I had envisioned.
So my question now is 'what do I do?

I know there are lots of females on this forum so I was wondering if anyone out there could help me. Although I'm sure that none of you, probably, are as stupid as me. :rolleyes:

Why, oh why do I do these things to myself? :confused:

Genie said:
I know there are lots of females on this forum so I was wondering if anyone out there could help me. Although I'm sure that none of you, probably, are as stupid as me. :rolleyes:
Don't bank on it - I have done numerous stupid things to my hair at one point or another. The only options you really have are to go and buy a semi permanent (or permanent) dye the same colour as the highlights, dye your whole hair and then wait for the streaks to grow out (which is why semi permanent is better - otherwise you'd have to wait for the entire thing to grow out and would end up with two tone hair, not too bad if your hair is short but awful if it is long!)

Failing that you could go to your hairdresser and see if they can fix it.

Sorry I can't help much :eek:

I would strongly suggest you go to a hairdresser and let them sort it. Don't try something else yourself or you could make it even worse.

Halo said:
I would strongly suggest you go to a hairdresser and let them sort it. Don't try something else yourself or you could make it even worse.

Ooops! Too late!
lol3.gif

Thanks for the advice everyone, but having lack of funds meant I couldn't afford a visit to the hair people. Instead I decided to go to Tesco's (wearing a hat) and buy another hair dye in my natural colour. I crossed my fingers and told my boyfriend to pray for me. Luckily it seemed to work. My hair is back to it's normal colour. Think I'll leave it be for now on! Just hope I don't wake up in the morning to find my hair all over the pillow!
EEK.gif

Genie said:
Ooops! Too late!
lol3.gif

Thanks for the advice everyone, but having lack of funds meant I couldn't afford a visit to the hair people. Instead I decided to go to Tesco's (wearing a hat) and buy another hair dye in my natural colour. I crossed my fingers and told my boyfriend to pray for me. Luckily it seemed to work. My hair is back to it's normal colour. Think I'll leave it be for now on! Just hope I don't wake up in the morning to find my hair all over the pillow!
EEK.gif

Pleased you sorted! Don't worry It will be fine! :)

Oh, I remember this one time Ice wanted to have nice highlights in her hair, but she enlisted me to help her out, which was obviously a major mistake. To cut a long story short, she ended up with a decidedly red tinge to most of her hair, which personally I thought was rather cute, but apparantly she couldnt put up with my giggling fits so she dyed it back her natural colour. The spoilsport. :D

Still she got her revenge by dying my hair blue for the day, which was fun, but made an awful mess of my pillow (and my hair for that matter, it was not nice natural dye).

Phil

You forgot to mention the time I dyed your hair blonde ;) (permanent) - I still can't see why you won't let me dye it black :(

Genie - mine was green for about 6 months once (long story - dyed it blue, didn't realise it was permanent, well a helpful friend forgot to tell me it was permanent, and due to my natural colour it went green after several washes :rolleyes: ) Fortunately I was in college at the time so it didn't really matter :D

Ice said:
Genie - mine was green for about 6 months once (long story - dyed it blue, didn't realise it was permanent, well a helpful friend forgot to tell me it was permanent, and due to my natural colour it went green after several washes :rolleyes: ) Fortunately I was in college at the time so it didn't really matter :D

Thanks everyone. I feel better now knowing that I'm not the only one to do these silly things!
lol3.gif

Genie said:
Thanks everyone. I feel better now knowing that I'm not the only one to do these silly things!
lol3.gif
I have done so many things to my hair since I was 14 years old. In school, I had it yellow, but wanted it silver. My grandmother used blue on her hair, so I tried it, and it turned green.:eek: Then I covered it with carbon paper (black) and it got all over everything.
Thru the years I've ironed and burned it, cut it off, dyed it all sorts of colors (Tahitian Red) (the worst), streaked it, reversed streak, and as I got older, I was 40, I got a frizzed-permanet, (long hair) met my now husband, and then cut it off to 1 inch that it had growed out. My daughter wouldn't be seen with me, said I looked like a boy. My husband still loved me, but liked long hair better.
Now it's grey, I have silver in the front, but the back of it hasn't changed, it's still dark brown. Even though I'm older, I still have two-tone long hair :)

Halo said:

i second this. i actually had a hairdresser really mess up highlights for me once and after a week of being miserable i sought out a well-known (and unfortunately expensive) hairdresser to make it right, but it was well worth the money and he made it look better than ever!

Back