• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Herbert's Horror

Vorian

I just finished reading Domain a few days back and i found it to be an enthralling yet deeply horrifying experience. I loved the way he used a mentally scared person as the MC and how he portrayed a world driven mad by nuclear holocaust.

I also just finished reading Sepulchre which again uses a mentally scared MC but the addition of the supernatural aspects led to an interesting mix truly. the plot twist at the end was very appealing and had nothing of the supernatural to do with it.

do9es anyone else have any of Herberts works that they've read recently?

I've not read Herbert's work of late - I couldn't get into Once... or Nobody True. My favourite novels of his are Haunted and The Magic Cottage.

Any suggestions?? Fairly new...

I have not read a decent book within 6 months. Anyone recommend a good horror book? I like suspense also. Later!!!

Good books for 2005

:) yellow_popsicle]I have not read a decent book within 6 months. Anyone recommend a good horror book? I like suspense also. Later!!! :)

I have them all. The most disturbing i found to be Others. I recently reread The Fog (another disturbing and quite gruesome read). The only one I have not enjoyed was Once...

I went through a phase of reading James Herbert back when I was at college about 11 years ago. Enjoyed all of what I read then but haven't read anything since and to be honest I can't really remember all of them that well. Quite enjoyed the Rats trilogy though.

Back