• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Here's To Your Health

muggle

How many of you are concerned about your health and practice good health care such as exercise, diet, monitoring your cholesterol, etc.

I exercise daily by walking on the treadmill for 45 minutes at a speed of 4.0 mph. I also have a preventive health care check-up every 6 months and monitor my cholesterol level closely, Total, HDL, LDL, Ratio, Triglycerides.

I'm not bothered about my health but watch my diet and exercise too, to keep me from getting fat lol

I don't do much exercise really, a short run a couple of times a week, and a couple of miles walking each day, and I go to a yoga class. And trampolining which is tremendous fun :D

I don't do much in terms of exercise. :eek: When the weather gets a bit warmer, I'd like to go out cycling (bought a bike in December, but haven't really been able to use it).

I go swimming twice a wk and watch what i eat but i dont worry myself over my health :)

I try to do 30 mins of walking each day if I can. Also watch what I eat. Could do with watching what I drink a bit more carefully what with being diabetic...lol

These days I am not doing much of anything, but I will be soon. Normally I try to run or walk (depending on if I have company) three miles a day. I occasionally do weight training, but I feel like I get enough of that at work to really worry about it.

As far as food goes, we probably eat healthier than average. We eat a lot of organic foods and whole grains. Veggetables are a huge part of our diet. I eat a ton of soy based meat alternatives, but I'm alone on that one. We don't, however, worry all that much about calories, fat content, etc.

I smoke five to six cigars every weekend. It does wonders for my stress and anxiety, which alleviates tension in my back and neck.:D

SFG75 said:
I smoke five to six cigars every weekend. It does wonders for my stress and anxiety, which alleviates tension in my back and neck.:D

LOL SFG, you stick to your guns. I used to smoke (cigarettes that is) have given up now and certainly wouldn't recommend anyone to start but think it takes a certain amount of character to fly in the face of the anti-smoking brigade.:D

I strongly recommend that everyone over 21 have their cholesterol checked. We all think that heart attacks happen to someone else or that we are too young, both false assumptions. Hope I don't P.O. everyone. :D

muggle said:
I strongly recommend that everyone over 21 have their cholesterol checked. We all think that heart attacks happen to someone else or that we are too young, both false assumptions. Hope I don't P.O. everyone. :D

Had that done last year. I checked out in tip-top shape. The doc wasn't too excited about my *hobby* but other than that, I was good to go. The sad thing is, I've seen people in better shape than myself die of strokes due to ignoring their cholesterol. Definitely something to keep an eye on.:(

Back