• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

"Hey Hey B.O., How Many Kids Did You Kill Today?!"

WolfLarsen

"Hey Hey B.O., How Many Kids Did You Kill Today?!"
a Neo-SocialRealist poem by Wolf Larsen

It's like Barack Obama flying over Pakistan & Afghanistan and dropping drone bombs on families & civilians!
Hey hey B.O., how many kids did you kill today?!

And now that the military has the right to disappear Americans how long before the American war machine begins making war on the American people?

How long before the American military begins doing to Americans exactly what they did to the Afghanistans & Iraqis & Vietnamese?
The prison system will become like hundreds of Guantanamo Bays all across America!

And ain’t nothing changed for black people! Barack Obama don't care about black people any more than George Bush!

Except instead of a white cop shooting innocent black men in cold blood it's also black cops shooting innocent black men in cold blood, it's a black prosecutor helping to put a black man away for smoking weed, it's a black judge sentencing a black man to prison where he may be raped for smoking weed!

And the Latino immigrants are being treated like shit just like our own non-Anglo-Saxon immigrant ancestors! Ain't nothing changed!

And the billionaire CEOs who run the political show like puppets-on-a-string will not be satisfied until every American worker white black or brown is a minimum-wage wage-slave!

And medical care? You can forget about medical care!

Under Obama care you can pray that the insurance company will actually pay for your medical bills. Under Republican care you can pray that you don't get sick or injured because you won't have no medical insurance.

Soon there will be predator drones flying above American cities – just like in Afghanistan & Pakistan! And technology is getting smaller & smaller.

Soon they won't need some big drone in the sky to spy on you and vaporize you into pieces. Soon the drones will be small and they will fly into your home and vaporize you into pieces! And if you try running there will be cameras everywhere with face recognition software that will know your every movement! It will all make George Orwell's 1984 look like paradise in comparison!

And make no doubt about it, every American will be a suspect in the eyes of the government. Every American will be a potential terrorist in the eyes of the government.

In this democracy you get to choose whether a Republicrat or Demopublican is the Commander-in-Chief of a war machine that is ready to turn its guns on the American people.

And don't tell me this ain't no poem! This is a poem called reality! I ain’t gonna pretty it up – because this reality ain't pretty!

Soon your ass might be in a concentration camp right here in America. If not you than it will be your friends, coworkers, & relatives…
You think I'm overreacting? Just wait! You think you have rights?! They already took away your rights while you were sleeping!

Copyright 2012 by Wolf Larsen

Sorry, Wolf, but on this one the content gets in the way of my reading it. :sad:
Maybe it's just that I think anyone can rant and I don't see much new.

Wolf, whilst I find your stuff very hit or miss, more the latter than the former, this one I actually enjoyed reading. I disagree with previous arguments that politics has no place in literature and creative writing; from Dickens through Orwell we have proof otherwise. So yes, I like this one. It actually feels more complete, more rounded, more directed than some of your other pieces.

thumbs down

Peder has it exactly right on this one. Like the last one.

It's not creative writing or even interesting writing.

If a reader is somehow a hater of government, bureaucrats and politicians; then they would summarily get off on the cynical quasi-hate filled diatribe.

No it's not writing; it's a political speech in of itself.

Politics has absolutely no place in writing.
Either politics, political events or the exact usage and description in a story.

My point is if you want to tell a very good and interesting story like "1984" the story has to lie within people.

The characters.

Winston Smith, Julia, Parsons, and O'Brien.

If you want to go on a diatribe and semi-dress up as if you're writing in the third person; it doesn't pass the smell test.

Well, I give it a thumbs down too. But I also give it a thumbs-up!

Bad writing is still writing.

Lots of other people produce bad writing, so why shouldn't I?

I very much enjoyed writing this poem. The reality of the times we are living in are just eating away at me and lots of other people too and I feel like I need to do something besides write more artsy-fartsy poetry that nobody understands.

I say it's a poem! And I defend my right to write bad poetry!

It's fun writing bad poetry!

Back