• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

hey who loves usher?

Do you think the title of his album "Confessions" is a deliberate parody of Jean-Jacques Rousseau and St. Augustine's books of the same title, in which they talk about their sexual conquests. More importantly, will Usher now write a political treatise on the evils of private property, force Immanuel Kant to forego his afternoon walks for a day and be used and misinterpreted by a bunch of revolutionaries (like Nietzsche was by the Nazi's) to be accused of philsophical sophistry and finally die when his town is somewhat anachronistically taken by the Vandals?

In other words, yes, I do like Usher, 8701 was a great album, Confessions is ok. Lyrically he isn't overly-bad, but then again most Urban music is lyrically terrible.

Oh nos! Not Usher! Will he spend his life making love to pretty women and making love to more pretty women until he dies? According to his songs it is all he ever does. Oh and he goes to the club with his homies, but that is just another ploy to sleep with pretty women, which he claims he does a lot. Like all the time. Yeah baby!

Usher says he is planning to come out the closet.
The singer said he may in fact be gay, because he knows it will give him the chance to accept his latent homosexuality which he has been blocking for years by pretending to sleep with lots of girls, in years goneby.

According to Teenhollywood he said: "I don't plan on being a 30 or 40-year-old artist who continues to pretend he is straight. I'll do it in my songs though."

"I do not want to be 38-years-old, sweating with my shirt off, running around pretending to sleep with lots of women when I prefer men. Closest are for clothes dude.

Interesting article!

Inderjit S said:
In other words, yes, I do like Usher, 8701 was a great album, Confessions is ok. Lyrically he isn't overly-bad, but then again most Urban music is lyrically terrible.

sorry about that there inderjit, i was just baiting martin. i know as much about usher as i know about des 3 encryption for vpn tunneling.

jenngorham said:
sorry about that there inderjit, i was just baiting martin. i know as much about usher as i know about des 3 encryption for vpn tunneling.
It's 3des encryption.

But irregardless of the position it should work.

ds

direstraits said:
It's 3des encryption.

But irregardless of the position it should work.

ds

hey i think i did pretty well, irregardless of my shocking lack tech saavy. :D
and my scary inability to spell ( savvy)

i've gone through all the trouble to create a ridiculous thread that i can spam without causing offense to others, and alas no one to spam with. if you are caught spamming yourself is it a mortal sin?

I have absolutely no idea what you were trying to do with this thread, Jenn! I initially ignored it because I have nothing to say in regard to Usher (not a fan)... and then it's all a gag?!? Huh?? :confused: Maybe others feel the same way, which is why no one replied and you've no one to spam :p

Ah.. I'm just assuming that I'm out of the loop. :cool:

Kookamoor said:
I have absolutely no idea what you were trying to do with this thread, Jenn! I initially ignored it because I have nothing to say in regard to Usher (not a fan)... and then it's all a gag?!? Huh?? :confused: Maybe others feel the same way, which is why no one replied and you've no one to spam :p

Ah.. I'm just assuming that I'm out of the loop. :cool:

well in truth it is a fake thread. i was being a bit of a bunny boiler and had started the thread to bait martin.
i really hate usher. and then i thought hey, i've got this thread going and i could care less what is talked about here so why not just spam it with dumb conversation, so as not to fill up other people's threads. but something is definitely lacking in the spontaneity of spamming. it's like when you tell someone to go ahead and laugh in church, it's not as funny when you have permission.

so no you are definitely not out of the loop. i'm just the tiniest bit mental.

the sad thing is right at this moment, i have nothing to do. i mean yes i could start dinner or do the dishes, but one son has a friend over and the other is asleep and the house isn't a tip and i have these few moments to myself and there is nothing exciting going on on tbf. now obviously i could go read, but my children have an eerie 6th sense and the moment my ass hits that chair someone will split their head open or the baby will wake up. they KNOW!!!!!
so i read a few back threads and have been sitting here fiddling around msning a friend in vancouver, but sadly, no tbf excitement.**sigh**

Back