• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

hi all

tigger

Hi im tigger, im an avid book fan, i read about a book a week i have many genres im interested in, and many authors i love.
Did anyone see the BBC big read list, im attempting to read them all but after reading all the ones ive read before and all the new ones i knew id like i got a bit scared! so am currently falling back on the old faithful of reading every stephen king book i own! i will read them all, even war and peace!

Welcome to the forum, tigger! :) I never really got into The Tommyknockers, it is one of my least favourite King books. Maybe I'll give it another try one day. :)

Hi Tiggger,

I know what you mean about having a long reading list, one of the things I love about this forum is reading what others think of the books. That way if I'm on the fence about it I can decided whether to read it right away, postpone for awhile or just nix it from the list. I hope you enjoy it as well and welcome.

Welcome to the forum :)

You're going to have your work cut out to read all those - I have read several but some genres don't appeal to me so I doubt i'll ever get round to reading them all :)

I, too, have seen the list. I plan on only reading those that appeal and never minding about the others.

Welcome to the forum! I hope you have fun :)

Hi tigger! Yes, welcome. So what is your favorite kind of books Or even favorite author?

I am a stephen king fan but really i love all sorts of books. I like to read chick flick books, scary ones, classic ones.I did english lit a level at school and became quite a bronte fan too! what about you?

Thanks! Pride and Prejudice is 2nd... that's going to present some problems if I wanted to get through them all. I just tried a little while ago to read it... no luck - I got about half way through and then I just couldn't finish it. My friend suggested watching the tv series first to get a handle on some of the characters. I'm going to try this if I can find the series at the local library.

I'm very surprised to see 4 different Terry Pratchett books on there. Never could get into them.

i agree, not my taste but i am determined! having trouble with hitchhikers guide too, have you read the great gatsby? surprisingly good i thought

tigger said:
i agree, not my taste but i am determined! having trouble with hitchhikers guide too, have you read the great gatsby? surprisingly good i thought
Ha ha ha! That's funny - I'm sure there's a very recent post of mine somewhere here about my hating that book! ;) I had to read it in high school, and I never really enjoyed it at all! I should try it again, though, without the analysis.

I love Hitchhikers, though! "Hanging in the air like bricks don't" is one of my favorite literary lines :D Have you seen the movie? I haven't yet, but I'm sure that you ought to read the book first. The book isn't entirely chronological, but the movie is - the way in which you are told things out of temporal sequence is kind of neat in the book. Are you reading just the first book, or are you trying to read the entire series in an omnibus?

Back