• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hi book fans!

Dogtanian

Hi there,

First post......but been browsing as a guest for a little while. Been looking for a good book forum on the net for a bit and this seems to be the one for me :)

Looking forward to hearing some good suggestions about new books/authors to read and maybe even making some as well! :D

Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm quite new too but have found this forum to be very useful and everyone is very friendly. (Or maybe I just haven't been around long enough to upset anyone yet!) ;)

Thanks for the welcome guys and gals :)

Guess i should give a bit more background about myself.

Right....i'm 25 years old, work for one of the biggest financial organistions in the world (see profile) and i'm trying to get 'back into' books again. Used to be an avid reader a few years back, reading most of the Crichton, Cussler and Patterson catalogue and various others but due to a number of things like working 50-60 hours a week and having demanding and time consuming girlfriends ( ;) ) meant that I haven't really picked up many books recently.

But, i made a new years resolution that I would spend more time reading and have so far completed 9 books this year and I aim to carry on in the same way. I still work the same crazy hours (at work now :( ) but will make time for books from now on.

Also a member of various other forums on the net, mainly cars and gadgets and various other things that seem to drain my bank account! :rolleyes:

So...thats a bit about me :)

Dogtanian said:
and having demanding and time consuming girlfriends ( ;) ) meant that I haven't really picked up many books recently.
Well perhaps having only one girlfriend would give you more time. :)

hay82 said:
Well perhaps having only one girlfriend would give you more time. :)

lol, perhaps I was poor with my wording! Only ever had one at a time. Just all of them seemed to be 'high maintenace! :rolleyes: Enjoying the single life now :cool:

Dogtanian said:
lol, perhaps I was poor with my wording! Only ever had one at a time. Just all of them seemed to be 'high maintenace! :rolleyes: Enjoying the single life now :cool:
Guessed that might be it. Just couldn't let it go by without mentioning it. :)

Dogtanian said:
Thanks for the welcome guys and gals :)

...due to a number of things like working 50-60 hours a week and having demanding and time consuming girlfriends ( ;) ) meant that I haven't really picked up many books recently...

Hi Dogtanian (what that could mean btw?)

I work more than 60 hrs a week myself and have a family which is about the same as your problem, but many years ago I've found a way how to read two hours a day: I use undergrownd to get to work and back. It is about 2 hours each working day - enough to finish an average book in a reasonable time...

Hi Sergo,

Dogtanian was a cartoon broadcast here in the late 80's. Full title was Dogtanian and the Three Muskahounds......obvioulsy based on the Dumas classic but featuring dogs :)

As for the underground, fortunately i have a car park space at work which is a rare and valuable commodity in my City Centre. Plus....if you're not in London then public transport in the UK is awful.

I've tried.....got a few books i got from Audible.com on my iPod but just can't seem to get used to people reading to me :confused: Not sure why.....would have thought it would have been ideal. I'll give it another go over the weekend.

Dogtanian said:
Hi Sergo,

Dogtanian was a cartoon broadcast here in the late 80's. Full title was Dogtanian and the Three Muskahounds......obvioulsy based on the Dumas classic but featuring dogs :)

As for the underground, fortunately i have a car park space at work which is a rare and valuable commodity in my City Centre. Plus....if you're not in London then public transport in the UK is awful.

Hi
I see... I'd really seen it... The carton, I mean... At least some part of it...

You have to check our Moscow underground. If you use it in a wrong time - you would be quite shocked... and never again you would pretend that public transport in UK is awful...
Really I liked London underground - it has style...

About the only good thing we have in our Moscow undergraund is... errr...
LOTS of girls!

(And by underground one can get to almost any place within city limits faster then by car. And at much less stress to the brain)

Back