• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hi' Can anybody recommend any good Thriller/Suspense books?

Again, how come self-published self-promoters pretending to just be another reader and copypasting some review they posted on Amazon under a fake name never mention the name of the author they're trying to promote?

Can you imagine if other businesses used the same approach to marketing?

"For when you're really really thirsty ... drink!" ("Damn, I wonder why they're not buying our soda? Do you think maybe we should have told them which soda we're trying to sell?")

I just started getting into Lee Child and David Balducci. I think Balducci has several series and stand alones. I like the King and Maxwell series (TV show too)

If you like CSI you may like Kathy Reichs' books. The main character, Temperance Brennan, is a forensic anthropologist. The two novels that I have read so far have very detailed forensic scenes, plus some rather gruesome descriptions of bodies but that doesn't detract from the build-up of tension.
Kathy Reichs books are okay. I haven't read them for quite a while....but I like the Bones TV show better.

Also along the lines of CSI, you might want to check out Patricia Cornwell's Kay Scarpetta series. It's about a Pathologist - gripping stuff :eek:
I'll second this recommendation. If you like forensics, you'll love Scarpetta. Cornwell actually worked in the forensics lab in Virginia. She has first-hand knowledge of this field.

Try reading Cuckoo's Calling by JK Rowling, you can even try Davinci Code, Angels & Demons if you wish to get exciting suspense thriller.
Well if you want scientific thriller try reading 'Mutant'

I really liked Gone by Micheal Grant it keep me on my toes and I never knew what was going to happen next! These are very long books so if you are just looking for a short book I don't suggest it. You also have to be willing to be emotionally attached, you get really connected with the characters and I loved it.

Back