• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hi everyone

Proxy

Well, I figured I should probably introduce myself here before contributing elsewhere in the forum. So with that, Hello. I'm a student of philosophy at Rutgers University, and interested in this forum because my friends are mostly indifferent to literature. I hope to find here a group of people who do actually enjoy reading, with whom I can have a few good discussions. Talk to you soon,
-Kevin

Hi and Welcome Kevin! Don't worry, we'll talk books with you! What are your reading interests?

Hi, well I'm all over the board really. I'm interested in poetry, though have just been getting into it recently. I've been subscribed to POETRY magazine for a year now and it's become my habit to pour over each issue till I "get" it. I'm reading a collection of Byron's works at the moment.

I'm a New Yorker subscriber, and currently the only short stories I read are those published in that magazine, but I love the form and am interested in any anthologies people might know of.

My main love though, not unlike most I suspect, is the novel. I just finished Rabbit, Run (Excellent!) last week and recently bought The Emporer's Children and Special Topics in Calamity Physics after hearing good things.

I plan to post regularly, so (judging by your post count) I'm sure we'll get to know each other better in the weeks ahead.

Back