• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

hi... fantasy fans

sis

kickbox
HI,
Im a fantasy addict but I read some SF now and then...guess you could say Im into fairy tales ;)

I LOVE: Pullman - His Dark Materials trilogy
Lian Hearn : Tales of the Otorri
Garth Nix : Abhorsen series and Keys to Kingdom
Lyn Flewelling: Nightrunner series , and the Tamír Triad
and my favourite authors are: Hobb, Feist, Goodkind... Rowling

Welcome to the forum! :) I too love Pullman's Dark Materials and Garth Nix. I also love the Tales of the Otori trilogy; I just started the final book last night! It's not the sort of thing I'd normally read but it's utterly compelling. I can't help suspecting it's going to have a really depressing ending though. :( (Don't tell me if you've already finished it!)

Oh .. I read it a while ago...the Brilliance of the moon I mean ... I wont tell you the end ... but I can tell you LH is writing a prequel... and Im reallly loking forward to that

Welcome to the forum :)

I quite like Hobb's writing, though I prefer the books she wrote under Lindholm :)

Welcome to the forum..
I have only read Hobb and Pullman of those you mention, but they have written some good books..
Enjoy you stay.

Thanks I will look into that ...
I read only the Farseer triligy sofar - hated it towards the end of the third book - I mean Fitz doing all for duty and ending up like that...
But I imediately ordered the Tawny man trilogy ... so I guess that speaks for everything. I guess Im hoping Fitz will end up a litlle better at the end of this trilogy- If he doesnt please dont tell me - the books are waiting on the shelf right now - I wouldnt have the curage to read them.

That is the reason why I say Im into fairy tales - I suffer with the protagonists of every book too much,sometimes it meakes me stop in the middle and I cant pick up the book afterward for fear/anger/etc of what will happen next

Well met, fellow fantasy fan! I've heard of neither Garth Nix or Lean Hearn, but will look them up. As an exchange - I offer Guy Gavriel Kay, and Marco van Basten. No, not Marco, but George RR Martin.

Enjoy, and welcome!

ds

Back