• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

hi / forum introduction

sme said:
hello, thanks

absolutely correct, i dont think i tried to hide the fact that id like people to have a look at the forum.

sorry if this offended you.

sme

I'm not offended at all but have you read the membership agreement?
Why don't you as troll's ain't allowed :mad:

Ruby-Nah, it's o.k. as long as you don't read the user agreement and apologize ahead of time.

if you have then this site could be of some help. its called booksexplained.com and has the sole purpose of giving you the chance to ask other users who may have read the same book for some help in understanding what you are trying to get a grip on.

its a new forum and is VERY much in the early stages of its existence. maybe youd like to have a look and help make this forum become a useful resource for its members.

thanks and again, if this post is against any forum rules, sorry.

sme / booksexplained.com

Now we do have members with their own forums, but every one of them has 2,000 posts or more, they are obviously invested in the site and it's kind of a mutual thing-this is a tad bit different.

I'm sure sme would not complain if a bunch of us went to his little forum and left a few nice little posts

like this one

so that we can direct a few of his members to places like TBF and such? :D

He wouldn't mind that would he?

Nah....:D

Motokid said:
I'm sure sme would not complain if a bunch of us went to his little forum and left a few nice little posts

like this one

A little turnabout, eh Moto? ;)

Motokid said:

like this one

hi:)

well..seeing as i havnt many members as yet i cant see any problem;)

i think you will realize however that there is a small difference between me spreading the word (or trolling, whatever you prefer) ON a book forum ABOUT a book forum designed solely to be of some help to people who like to read and the first link you kindly placed on booksexplained.com.

another small difference is the matter of ads on the site you linked, im sure youll notice booksexplained.com is ad free.

ive no problem at all with the link to tbf. this seems like a lively place with some turned on people:p

your more than welcome

:)

ruby said:
I'm not offended at all but have you read the membership agreement?
Why don't you as troll's ain't allowed :mad:

hi ruby.

ive got to say i generally dont read such agreements and im sure im not alone in this, hence my request to have this thread deleted if it breaks any rules.

all the best

sme

Hi sme. I would think that your post does contravene the membership agreement, however based on your posts I would think this inadvertant.

Regarding your forum, my only comment would be that you've chosen an unfortunate combination of letters in your domain name... I hope that doesn't cause issues in future for you. Good luck with your site.

Kookamoor said:
Hi sme. I would think that your post does contravene the membership agreement, however based on your posts I would think this inadvertant.

Regarding your forum, my only comment would be that you've chosen an unfortunate combination of letters in your domain name... I hope that doesn't cause issues in future for you. Good luck with your site.

thanks, i had noticed the 3 letters your probably (hopefully, if its not 3 letters then please elaborate) talking about. shouldnt be a problem i dont think.

cheers

sme

sme said:
hi:)
i think you will realize however that there is a small difference between me spreading the word (or trolling, whatever you prefer) ON a book forum ABOUT a book forum designed solely to be of some help to people who like to read and the first link you kindly placed on booksexplained.com.

another small difference is the matter of ads on the site you linked, im sure youll notice booksexplained.com is ad free.

:)

Personally I think it’s a bit arrogant of you to register as a member of TBF (a forum for the discussion of books) for the sole purpose of advertising another book forum. There’s really nothing different about your forum from this one except the number of members.

My first link, at your forum, offered something completely different from what your forum has to offer. They could compliment each other, not compete against each other.

There’s a huge difference.

And there are ads here too.....doesn't seem to bother the few thousand members....:D

Ruby and Moto are onto something sme. I'm sure you're a great person and all, and I honestly do wish you the best with your forum. At the same time, it's kind of rude to just advertise your forum on your first post and to basically shop for members to participate on your new site. Yes, people have their own sites and many members here have joined other splinter forums from this one. The difference is a matter regarding degree of investment. If you contribute here and stick around, then I have no problems visiting your site and checking it out. If this thread is your only planned participation and you don't plan to discuss books or shoot the bull in the general discussion forum, then you might as well head for the door as you will be done here. Otherwise, welcome to the forum and I look forward to interacting with you regarding various works.

SFG75 said:
I would be mentioning you-in your first post, there was something about not capitalizing. Just annoyed by the shift key? Once again, just curious.

hello, sorry for seemingly overlooking your post, i got distracted;)

i havnt a problem with capitals, i just dont use them (very often) and i really couldnt say why not. sorry i cant give you a very interesting explanation:)

sme said:
hello, sorry for seemingly overlooking your post, i got distracted;)

i havnt a problem with capitals, i just dont use them (very often) and i really couldnt say why not. sorry i cant give you a very interesting explanation:)

That's cool, I was just curious. Nice site of yours by the way-I like the images.

SFG75 said:
Ruby and Moto are onto something sme. I'm sure you're a great person and all, and I honestly do wish you the best with your forum. At the same time, it's kind of rude to just advertise your forum on your first post and to basically shop for members to participate on your new site. Yes, people have their own sites and many members here have joined other splinter forums from this one. The difference is a matter regarding degree of investment. If you contribute here and stick around, then I have no problems visiting your site and checking it out. If this thread is your only planned participation and you don't plan to discuss books or shoot the bull in the general discussion forum, then you might as well head for the door as you will be done here. Otherwise, welcome to the forum and I look forward to interacting with you regarding various works.

hi, crossed posts there i think.

yes, they have a perfectly good point, no question.

i will try to stay around to make up for my lack of posts, maybe i should have waited a few weeks before mentioning my site (although to be honest if thats the only reason that someone would stick around im sure thats not too great either).

i really enjoy discussion boards and it seems this really is frequented by interesting, tolerant and open minded people, i will definately stick around and participate in other discussions other than this one.

all the best and thanks or the kind words

sme

SFG75 said:
That's cool, I was just curious. Nice site of yours by the way-I like the images.

thanks, images are my livelihood, music, reading and art my hobbies

Sitaram said:
e. e. cummings tombstone is written in capital letters.

http://www.poetsgraves.co.uk/cummings.htm

Also,

http://hermes.hrc.ntu.edu.tw/lctd/asp/authors/00003/introduction.htm

Examples at the above link demonstrate that e. e. cummings did not abandon all use of capital letters, but rather, used them sporadically, in an unconventional and unexpected manner.

Several weeks ago, I leafed through e. e. cummings' memoirs, "The Enormous Room" and noticed that edition used normal capitalization.
I don't know what the original manuscript looks like.

http://www.wwnorton.com/catalog/backlist/040150.htm

Biographical info:

http://www.harvardmagazine.com/on-line/030585.html

Thank you for your elucidation Sitaram and found this very interesting.

Back