• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hi from Australia.

GOLLUM

Hi all...:D

I'm a member of several book forums so some of you will probably recognise my call sign and I've already noticed a few familiar user names already.

I've been reading mainly fantasy style books plus some so-called Old Weird, New Weird and horror for about 25 years now both modern and more classic, so I hopefully have something to contribute in that part of the forum at least. I have also read a number of the so-called classic books by authors such as Dickens, Twain, Chekhov, Kafka etc..

I live in Melbourne, Australia and work within the I.T. industry there.

Some of my favourite fantasy style authors inlcude Steven Erikson (my fav), Mervyn Peake, Gene Wolfe, Ted Chiang, R. Scott Bakker, Kate Elliott, Tad Williams, George RR Martin, M John Harrison, Italo Calvino, China Mieville, HP Lovecraft, Clark Ashton Smith, Jeff Van Der Meer (plannnig to check out in 2006), Robert E Howard, Robert Silverberg, Janny Wurts, JV Jones (current trilogy), Lord Dunsany, Glenn Cook, Paul Kearney, Stephen Donaldson, Greg Keyes, Ursula K LeGuin, Edward Whittemore, Guy Gavriel Kay, Tolkien, Rodger Zelazny, Poul Anderson, ER Eddison, Fritz Leiber and Edgar Allan Poe.

At least that's what I can remember at the moment LOL!..:eek:

Look forward to chatting with you all on this forum.

Over and out.

GOLLUM said:
Hi all...:D

Hi Gollum!
It was with pleasure that I read U. LeGuin, R. Zelazny, R. Silverberg, P. Anderson and E.A. Poe... Not mentioning Chekhov, whose were some of the first books that I read.

Welcome to the forum, Gollum! :) China Mieville is an author I would like to try one day (when I've ploughed through the 80+ books currently on my TBR pile).

Sell Sword said:
Hood's breath! Another Fantasy fan joins the Book Forum:D
Well met!
Thanks for the welcome all and I plan to post more in the New Year and nice to see another Erikson fan on the forums Sell Sword...;)
Halo, do try Meiville, one of the greats of the New Weird vangaurd and a great writer of the imagination full stop.
Sergo, good to see another reader of the some of the earlier pioneers of the genre.

Over and out everyone and merry christmas...:cool:

Back