• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hi from Pawnman

Pawnman

Hi: I found this site while browsing. Hobbies are reading, chess, internet. Curious to learn from others about new books to try out. Looking forward to socialize with all. :)

Hi Pawnman: Hello to you and I hope you get to socialize with many folks on here. What kind of books do you read? :)

canuck said:
What kind of books do you read? :)
I read sci-fi and Stephen King for fiction, but I am open to most anything that appears interesting--which would go for nonfiction as well.

Thanks for your welcomes everyone. :)

Hi Again Pawnman: I'm sure there are lots of sci-fi folks on here as well as Stephen King fans. I read mostly mysteries, police stories, thrillers and have been known to throw in the occasional Danielle Steele for light entertainment. (although I hate for the really literary types to hear me say that!) - Those aren't guy books anyway. Hope you get some good recommendations from the rest of the forumers. Enjoy! :D

If two of your hobbies are chess ant the Internet, we’ve probably run into each other at some point. What sites do you play on? I’m everywhere, just about literally, if you can play chess there.

Welcome! :)

Welcome!

Welcome!

Are you really a pawnman? I never thought that I'd get hooked on a show about a pawnshop, but Pawn Stars on The History Channel is a weekly "must-watch" for me.

Leonardo Noto

Welcome!

Are you really a pawnman? I never thought that I'd get hooked on a show about a pawnshop, but Pawn Stars on The History Channel is a weekly "must-watch" for me.

Leonardo Noto
Lovecraftian has it. I chose it because I enjoy playing chess. But that is a good show. ;)

Yeah, I used to be real active, traveling to Los Angeles and Las Vegas and everywhere in between to compete. It's fun! :)

Totally off-topic, chess

Did you guys know that the world's top two heavyweight boxers (for about the past decade), the Klitchsko bothers, are known for being serious competitive chess players? Both also are Ph.D.'s

Off topic, yes; but still a fascinating factoid.

Did you guys know that the world's top two heavyweight boxers (for about the past decade), the Klitchsko bothers, are known for being serious competitive chess players? Both also are Ph.D.'s

Off topic, yes; but still a fascinating factoid.
Interesting!:)

Back