• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hi from TR

Welcome noname! :D
Are you a Fenerbache-fan by any chance? Just curious. :)
You'll like it here, I'm sure. Feel free to post anytime.

I'm not fanatic but I just want to say this:
I conguratulate Fenerbahçe winning the league but we won the other Turkish cup and we beat fenerbahçe 5-1 on the final but on the league they won 1-0

after the match which fenerbahçe won 1-0 their chairman gave a speech saying:
"The UEFA cup and the super which galatasaray won on year 2000 was just an accident"
it was just very funny all the galatasaray fans are still making of him

Hero (Jet Li flick)
???

I really don't know

But if you want to watch a real hero's movie (extremly funny) watch Turkish Star Wars (a.k.a. Dünyayı Kurtaran Adam)

Hi, I used to have a Turkish pal at a place I worked in. He taught me some rude Turkish words. Ahhhh, the good times :D He also taught me that a good kebab never puts the meat in the put! Sound advice!

Welcome, and enjoy :)

In the Jet Li film Hero, he plays a character called 'Wu Ming', which means Nameless. It was a long shot, but I like making long shots. :)

Anyway would you teach us some words too? :)

ds

noname, I'm not a Fenerbache-fan, just to make that clear. ;) I was only "teasing" you. :p
"Na sursun?" or something... atleast that's how it's pronounced... means how are you, right? :eek:

You want to say "Nasısın?" :D

I say "iyiyim" - (I'm fine)

"Sen?" (you?)

I wonder if this topic is going to be a "learning turkish" topic :D

Merhaba, Noname!

It is cool to meet someone from Turkey here! We had a lot of fun in Tekirova (near city of Kemer) some years ago. We have liked it so much that next year we came to the same hotel again. Your country is great, the nearest thing to Eden on Earth, in terms of nature.

BTW, I started my business life under guidance from Turkish people: I worked with Alarko, FEO, Gamma, MIR, Koymen, Aydiner and some other Turkish firms operating in Russia in 1990 - 1995. I believe I've learned many useful things due to my Turkish colleagues back then.

OK, have you read anything other than "Rainbow 6" by Clancy? I liked almost everything he wrote...

I've been reading for about 3 years, (dont worry I'm not going to tell you my autobiography) (since now I'm just 15 years old)
The books that I mostly liked are:
Rainbow 6 - Clancy (Sergo - again and again)
Red Rabbit - Clancy
Monte Cristo - Dumas
Last of the Mohicans - Cooper
In Dubius Battle - Steinbeck
Of mice and men - Steinbeck
Pearl - Steinbeck
Harry Potter - Rowling
Stupid White man - micheal moore
Many books of Aziz Nesin (his books are just too good)
White fang & call of the wild - Jack London
Semerkant - Amin Maalouf (It's Engilish can have another name - I don't know)
Mysterious Island - Verne
Hobbit - Tolkien
Lord of the Rings - Tolkien

I can add some more books to this list :D

OK, as to Clancy - you have a lot of his books before you, you can check the list of his works here...
If there was something to envy - that would have been having all the beautiful books before you...

Maya said:
Iyiyim. ;)
And yeah, I guess "Nasısın" was what I was trying to say. :)

Add "East of Eden" to your list. You won't be dissapointed.

Yep, I remember reading it when I had been much closer to our friend from Turkey in terms of age, and having liked it much.

But, sorry, I thought that that word would be "Nasilsin".

Back