• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hi Guys

underdawg

Great forum. I like light reading and my favorite books are the Jeeves and Wooster books by Wodehouse. Some books I read recently and liked:

Hunter Thompson - Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
Nick Hornby - High Fidelity
Tim Powers - The Anubis Gates
Ernest Hemingway - A Farewell to Arms

Does anyone know of foreign language books with English word-by-word "subtitles"?

Welcome, Underdawg. Have fun here and see you around the boards.:)

Does anyone know of foreign language books with English word-by-word "subtitles"?

Unfortunately this doesn't work in any language. That's how translators earn their bread - ya can't just go word by word and have it retain any meaning. It's a beautiful dream though, you know?

One interesting reading project is to read two different translations of the same book. You'd be amazed at the differences. This is the type of thing that can cause literary tempests, though naturally none of them are springing to my booke-addled mind.:rolleyes:

Good luck with your language learning.

"Not bird...nor plane...or even frog.
And a welcome to you...Underdawg." :)

I couldn't resist paraphrasing from the old cartoon show there. Welcome.

I too thought of the old cartoon, but lacked the presence of mind to paraphrase a welcome from it. ..it's hip hip hip and away I go.

Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? Was there no communication in this car? Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?

Great book, no doubt about it. Welcome to the forum!:)

Back