• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hi, hoping to get good reccomendations and ideas

jive

Hello, my name is Justin. My favorite genres are humorous Sci-Fi (Douglas Adams, Kurt Vonnegut), stories of alienated characters (obviously Kafka, Dostoevsky) and historical non-fiction. I joined this forum primarily to get good recommendations. I find myself going to non-fiction and literary classics because I get lost in a sea of contemporary fiction, not knowing what's good, bad, or just plain right for me. I'd like to write for fun, but I don't really know where to start, so hopefully I'll also get some good Ideas.

If you wan't to know more about me, just say hi.

Welcome to the forum! Aristotle's Politics is a great book. Perhaps the best one on citizenship.

Welcome Justin!

A recent fictional novel that I highly recommend is The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. It is set in Germany before and during World War II and the story is told from the point of view of Death.

Hope this one interests you.

Back