• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hi! Mind If I Join You?

nighthawk

Another New Face :cool: Mind if I pull up a chair and stay awhile? I'm a mystery & thriller fan mainly ocassionally side-tracked by horror/fantasy, Stephen King, Koontz with a little Jill Mansell thrown in from time to time. Hope you'll share your comments and recommendations with me... always on the look out for that next great read. :)

Welcome to the forum.
You'll find many suggestions as to what your next great read shall be.. Hope you enjoy it. :)

Welcome to the forum! :) I like King and Koontz too. Lightning, Intensity, Watchers and Strangers are some of my Koontz faves. Have you read the Dark Tower series by King?

Halo said:
Welcome to the forum! :) I like King and Koontz too. Lightning, Intensity, Watchers and Strangers are some of my Koontz faves. Have you read the Dark Tower series by King?
Hi Pleased to meet you!!! GREAT fan of the Dark Tower series have them all, King's best I think after 'Wizard & Glass' I thought we'd be in for another long wait and now ... its all over 'poor Roland' he and I will have to start all over again. mmmm 'The man in black ran across the desert and the Gunslinger followed...' As for Koontz I like the 'Snow' books, 'Sole Survivor', 'Strange Highway' etc.... Have yet to read 'Intensity' Shall put it on my list. Thanks. Do you read Bernard Cornwall , he's new for me but thoroughly enjoyed all the Starbuck books Well. Just got to send this now Hope it works.

I've only read the first four Dark Tower books because they are taking an absolute age to publish them in paperback. :( The world will have moved on by the time I read them! :) I don't know if I can wait too much longer, so may have to splash out on the hardbacks soon. I've not read any Bernard Cornwall - does he write the Sharpe books?

Hey, Welcome to the Forum :)

I was trying to persuade Ice to buy me the first of the Dark Tower books, but she just frowned at me and muttered something about spending too much money :D

Phil

Welcome nighthawk! :D
I haven't read any books by the authors you mentioned, but I think I ought to get to it, some day. ;)

phil_t said:
Hey, Welcome to the Forum :)

I was trying to persuade Ice to buy me the first of the Dark Tower books, but she just frowned at me and muttered something about spending too much money :D

Phil
Hi Phil.. Do you have a local Library? :) You've GOT to read it.
Happy New Year

Halo said:
I've only read the first four Dark Tower books because they are taking an absolute age to publish them in paperback. :( The world will have moved on by the time I read them! :) I don't know if I can wait too much longer, so may have to splash out on the hardbacks soon. I've not read any Bernard Cornwall - does he write the Sharpe books?
Hi-ya, Yes, but I haven't read any of them, this author is fairly new to me too. Although I've just read 'Gallows Thief' a one off, and really enjoyed it.
have you tried your local library or eBay for Stephen King. You can get some great First editions or rare books there.
Happy New Year Best wishes for '05 :)

Welcome to the forum!

My boyfriend's obsessed with the Dark Tower series too. I've been trying to read them, but it's slow going for me. They just seem so gloomy and dreary. :(

Hi! I guess they could seem that way but I cheated :D shame on me! You see I started late with Book V Wizad and the Glass, that's the one with the big romance!!! That threw it for me I hunted for Book I. :)

Back