• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

hi new author on board :)

Unicorn21

Hello,
I am a 21-year-old Austrian-born author and my novel has only recently been published by PublishAmerica, an American Company. I would like to do some promotions and I am asking for advice on promotions. I am unfortunate to live in a non-English speaking home-country and therefore promotion is not an easy task.

My novel is a mix of adventure, thriller and philosophical story. A young
American bride escapes her daily routine in America to find herself again
in an African desert, exposed to new dangers and especially to her torturing past. She suffers not only from real dangers but especially from illusions,
visions and her own fears with which she is confronted now. Finally, a nomadic tribe finds her and even saves her! However, she somehow fails
to become a real part of their way of life to which she is forced to adapt.She is in a limbo more than once. And still those nightmares and illusions......and her desire for a baby which turns out to be fatal. In the end, not only her
own life but also the life of the nomadic tribe is in danger.....................

Hello and welcome. Just curious to know if you are a full time author or only write as a hobby? 21 years of age is very young to dedicate yourself fully to being an author unless you are extremely good or very wealthy.

Hggg... I remember at least one person who has started even earlier and is quite famous even now, after all these years I cannot count...
I've meant Mary Shelley, of course.

Hello sorry for replying so late!
No I am no full-time author, I am a student of Social and Cultural Anthropology in Vienna. Actually, my mother-tongue is not even English but German. Still, PublishAmerica has decided to publish my novel "The Flight of the Eagle". It has not made me famous so far....and I must do the promotions all by myself. Well, that´s not easy and I am trying to find readers who might
want to read my novel.
I am not rich at all...to be honest. For European standards not rich, I mean.

Thank you for your replies,

Stephan.

Back