• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hi there

Snippety

Hello,

I've just found this forum this morning and I'm looking forward to exploring later. I'm a stay at home mum of a lively 13 month old so my reading time has been reduced to almost 10% of what it was pre-boy :lol:

I enjoy mainly sci-fi and fantasy but also Jane Austen, Viriginia Woolf, Carson McCullers, Angela Carter, Margaret Attwood, Marge Piercy, Jonathan Safran Foer and many others that escape my mind at the moment.

I'm a Pagan and enjoy reading books on philosophy, history and religion; in particular anything by Prof. Ronald Hutton. I really enjoy ancient texts; the Sagas and Eddas which are pertinent to my faith, as well as Herodotus, Homer, Virgil etc.

I love poetry especially the Romantics, TS Eliot and Ted Hughes.

Right, I'm off for a wander.......:)

Welcome to the forum - I myself is new to this, and do not have much experience with forums in general.
This forum does look like something I could spend some time on, and I look forward to reading some of the 'book of the month' novels, when I get time. As of right now I have not been home for 5 weeks, so I am beginning to miss my books (and my girlfriend even more ;-) ). When I get back I will try to be as active as the forum demands. This is an exiting new way of discussing books, which is a hobby of mine...

Anywho welcome - hope we will have some insightful dialogs on the Islandic Sagas (which I adore very much).
-tZar

Back