• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hi

Thickney

kickbox
Was looking for a book discussion forum, and this seems to be an excellent one at first glance. I'm a university student from Canada, and reading takes up a significant portion of my day (especially now during the summer, when I finally have time to read whatever I please :p). I have a hard time pinning down favorites, but I've been recently binging on both 20th century English plays and Russian literature.

Hello & Welcome :)

The picture in your avatar is very familiar but I can't place it, may i ask what it is?

Gotta love russian lit, do check out the Dostoyevsky threads and feel free to start your own on other authors. Welcome to the BAR.:)

Thickney said:
Was looking for a book discussion forum, and this seems to be an excellent one at first glance. I'm a university student from Canada, and reading takes up a significant portion of my day (especially now during the summer, when I finally have time to read whatever I please :p). I have a hard time pinning down favorites, but I've been recently binging on both 20th century English plays and Russian literature.
Hello and welcome to B&R. Where in Canada are you from and which University? I lived a year in Toronto and attended UofT, it was a great experience. I also bought Fight Club the novel from Indigo during my year :) . Well, when you're done from it, start a new thread to discuss it. It’s a great book. I also bought the movie last year.
Well, happy posting :D

Gem said:
Hello & Welcome :)

The picture in your avatar is very familiar but I can't place it, may i ask what it is?

Its a crop of a self-portrait by Egon Schiele, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egon_Schiele

Samerron said:
Hello and welcome to B&R. Where in Canada are you from and which University? I lived a year in Toronto and attended UofT, it was a great experience. I also bought Fight Club the novel from Indigo during my year :) . Well, when you're done from it, start a new thread to discuss it. It’s a great book. I also bought the movie last year.
Well, happy posting :D
I've been going to Saint Mary's in Halifax for three years, I'm relatively indifferent to it. I read Fight Club a couple years ago, but honestly don't remember too much of it. Its been a quick read so far, though, so expect a thread in short order :).

Gem said:
Thickney

Oh yes, I saw some of his work at a Tate Modern exhibition. What other artists do you like?
Not a whole lot, honestly, more because I don't know an awful lot about art than anything else. Still, I like Francisco De Goya and Gustav Klimt a lot.

Back