• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

hi!

graydaisy

Hi everyone! I'm new to the site and very excited. I like hemingway, capote, cheever, sartre, and the ever depressing samuel beckett. i hope to be inspired here. i'm sure i will be.

Welcome to the Boards, graydaisy! You'll find us a friendly bunch of booklovers!

Beckett! I've read 'Waiting For Godot' and 'Endgame', and was totally amazed by them. Didn't get them one bit, but still was utterly captivated by them. It's been a while, though.

Cheers, Martin :D

Hello from wabbit land!

Hi Graydaisy. Welcome here and I hope you have fun. I love Hemingway! He writes with such passion, energy! His words and works are beautiful. My fav by him is "For Whom The Bell Tolls"

Ciao

SillyWabbit

Hi graydaisy! Let me be the 1st to admit, I've never read any of the authors you mentioned. Hell, I've only heard of 3 of them BUT I love NY!!! Does that count for anything?

Have fun here!

Bill

hey graydaisy!
welcome to the forums and hope you will enjoy your stay.
yup i like hemmingway my favourite being "Old Man and the Sea"

I have just begun "Angela's Ashes" and even though the reality of the story is not very funny at all, I have been giggling wildly. It is necessary to put down the deep depression of sartre. Can you recommend something?

Maybe. What sort of "happy" fiction do you like? There there's always humor. David Sedaris, maybe?

Thank you. I will definitely look into Sedaris. As far as happy fiction goes, I suppose I like most the more sappy friendship story. Perhaps something like Fannie Flagg. Unfortunately, I haven't walked away from the philosophical bruisers in quite a while.

Back