• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hi

Cin

Just thought I would say hello. It nice to see an active forum with good discussion. I read quite a bit of non-fiction -- history, military history, astronomy, art, blah blah... but not limited to that or anything in particular. (A lot of Poetry too.)

I just bought The Da Vinci Code today. I had read Henry Lincoln's Holy Blood, Holy Grail many moons ago -- so of course, I have to read this one too.

It is also good to see there are other compulsive book buyers out there...despite attempts at treatment, it is safe to say my rate of purchase far exceeds my rate of reading. :p

Nice to meet you all.
Cin

Hi Cin!
It's nice to have you on board. This place can use a few more Cin's.
WELCOME!

RaVeN

Howdy, Cin, welcome!

I am certainly addicted to book-buying. As much as I say to myself I'm going to finish reading my TBR pile before buying another book, I am at the bookstore within the next week or so.

welcome8.GIF
to the Boards, Cin!

When I read that you'd recently bought The Da Vinci Code, I though, "Oh God, here we go."

Beware of the Mile, Cin! But we'll protect you.

Welcome!

Cheers, Martin :D

Thanks for the warm welcomes! And the warning! ;) I will wait until I finish the book before I hunt up the exisiting discussion.

(Who knows....I just might like what Mile has to say. :D )

Isn't there a customary 24-hour waiting period before you start giving the newbie a hard time? :p

Welcome, Cin. Unfortunately, the suggested waiting period has been impossible to enforce. And The DaVinci Code has been quite the hot topic. Please read it quickly, I'm interested in hearing your opinion as you've read the other as well.

I have 70+ books that I need to read before I buy any more. Unfortunately, there are 4 book stores right down the street, and I haven't even been to one of them, and it has all these signs up that say 80% off, so I'm doomed.

Hi Cin, welcome and enjoy this forum! You are not only one, I am terrible with spending on the books. Yesterday I went to the bookshop to spending on books for mothers day, not for me which I am glad so I spend on my new pairs of trainers with my birthday money!

Cin said:
Just thought I would say hello. It nice to see an active forum with good discussion. I read quite a bit of non-fiction -- history, military history, astronomy, art, blah blah... but not limited to that or anything in particular. (A lot of Poetry too.)

I just bought The Da Vinci Code today. I had read Henry Lincoln's Holy Blood, Holy Grail many moons ago -- so of course, I have to read this one too.

It is also good to see there are other compulsive book buyers out there...despite attempts at treatment, it is safe to say my rate of purchase far exceeds my rate of reading. :p

Nice to meet you all.
Cin

Hi Cin, welcolm too, I'm new too, hehe yay! :D

Welcome, Cin. Unfortunately, the suggested waiting period has been impossible to enforce. And The DaVinci Code has been quite the hot topic. Please read it quickly, I'm interested in hearing your opinion as you've read the other as well.

I'm about 80% done...unfortunately life keeps interfering...

I have 70+ books that I need to read before I buy any more. Unfortunately, there are 4 book stores right down the street, and I haven't even been to one of them, and it has all these signs up that say 80% off, so I'm doomed

I keep promising myself that I will not buy any more until I read at least half of the 45 I have sitting there... Its like I think I've learned something by just buying the book... haha!

Back