• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hi

sugarz

hi everyone. I'm new here and I find it comforting to know that I am not the only one who has trouble letting books go. It's hard for me to even lend my favorite books to my friends and family. I'll direct them to the library, or buy it for them.

Welcome Sugarz!

I know what you mean about not wanting to loan out books. I don't mind loaning them out to people that I know won't ruin them, though. My mom is the worst destroyer of book bindings I've ever known. Thank goodness her tastes aren't the same as mine!

sugarz said:
hi everyone. I'm new here and I find it comforting to know that I am not the only one who has trouble letting books go. It's hard for me to even lend my favorite books to my friends and family. I'll direct them to the library, or buy it for them.

Hi Sugarz! I'm relatively new to here too, it's great finding this place isn't it?!

Talking about lending books out.... most of my books are bought new and read carefully, I'm always going on about books being precious! But I don't usually mind lending them out, gives me an excuse to hang on to them, but I recently lent a book to a girl at work and when she returned it, it looked like it had been dropped in a puddle and used for target practice! I took it from her graciously but inside I was thinking 'Oh my God, my poor book!!' Needless to say I won't be hurrying to offer up any more of my little babies in that direction!

ThursdayNext

sugarz said:

hehe. Exactly, I had the same kinda trouble. :D

WELCOME, sugarz! your name sounds very sweet, (lots of sugar there :p )

Hi, Sugarz.
I had the same problem with lending out books, so I simply refuse to do it. I also refuse to borrow any books. Like you, I have, as a matter of course, bought books for people, or simply given them a copy, rather than lending.
At any rate, you needn't feel selfconscious about it. I think you'll find that we're all a bit loony when it comes to books.

I buy books for my brother's birthday, but I (very carefully) read them first. I feel very slightly guilty about this.

The last batch for Christmas, I got him books that I wanted to read but that didn't come in until late, so I have to wait until he's done with them, and he still isn't done with Everything is Illuminated. :(

I buy books for my brother's birthday, but I (very carefully) read them first. I feel very slightly guilty about this.
That is a brilliant idea!

Oh, and Everything is Illuminated is a brilliant book!

Cheers

sugarz said:
Hope you enjoy your stay here :)

Hello and welcome :D

I get you about loaning books to others, especially siblings! I let my older sister borrow the His Dark Materials trilogy and now she claims they are hers....typical sisters!

Amy :D

Back