• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hilarious "Bookslut" article concerning mags

LOL-Pretty good analysis of the given magazines. :D I remember a study that documented how women's magazines had more sex related stuff than the guy rags. It's amazing how much fluff can be filled into a few pages.

Great article! But the author evidently never discovered Harpers. It would save her mind, if she did.

It's the best magazine in print. No telling what you're going to find in it - it runs the gamut from political and social commentary to ridiculous emails corporate executives shot off to each other during a feud. Once they printed Timothy McVeigh's response to PETA when they wrote to him and suggested that his last meal be vegetarian (?). You never know what they'll come up with.

But it's always interesting, and I love Harpers Index for my monthly fix of interesting and sometimes bizarre factoids. It contains none of the idiocy in the magazines she mentioned.

Also, kudos to Harpers for just throwing things out there without editorializing. You have to arrive at your own conclusions without coaching or help.

Back