• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Historically famous wrong decisions

etti

When I was browsing in a book store, I came across a book that was about famous wrong decisions taken, that changed history. One example was Suhrawardy of Bengal, who stocked rice and grains to save it from an enemy who never came. The result was a man made famine when the Harvest was really good. There were many examples of such blunders, but I forgot the name of the book. I plan to buy the book to read it completely. Can anyone help?

Did a quick search on Amazon for 'wrong decisions', narrowed to history. Here's all 1,835 results.

I hope someone else can be of more help, this sounds like a really interesting read!

If you find it, be sure to post the correct title here..this sounds like something I'd like to read too.

It might be Historical Blunders by Geoffrey Regan. He also wrote Royal Blunders (or something like that). Maybe he has a new book out (Chicken Soup for Blunderers, The Blunderers Book for Dummies?).

Novellas suggestion comes very close to the book I read, but it is not the book I am looking for. In amazon, you can search inside the book "Historical Blunders". So I did a search on Bengal famine and Suhrawardy and nothing came up. I remember one of the blunders listed in the book I saw was regarding NASA. The book format is something like this

CULPRIT: Huseyn Shaheed Suhrawardy
Blunder: Stocked rice and grains to save it from an enemy who never came. The result was a man made famine when the Harvest was really good.

If you're still interested, I also came across a book called "It seemed like a good idea..a compendium of great historical fiascoes' in a used book store. It's by two authors, don't remember their names, but it's quite interesting.

Ahhhh!!! I picked up this exact book and looked at that exact example the other week :eek: ! Look in the humour section of the bookstore, I know it is there... If I had only seen this this morning I could have gone into Borders and checked while I was in Glasgow. It is annoying as I know exactly where it is! :(

Ahhhh!!! I picked up this exact book and looked at that exact example the other week :eek: ! Look in the humour section of the bookstore, I know it is there... If I had only seen this this morning I could have gone into Borders and checked while I was in Glasgow. It is annoying as I know exactly where it is! :(

Did you ever find out the title of the book?

I actually completely forgot about this. But now that I have been prompted, I think a trip to Borders is in order this week. I shall return with my findings later. ;)

Well hop to it! This sounds like something I might want to read.

Back