• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

History Channel's The Bible

SFG75

The Bible is a big production for the history channel and they have advertised it a lot as of late. Not sure how this will stack up against the other movies/productions about Christianity.

Are you "not sure" as in you've seen it and you can't quite decide whether you like it or "not sure" as in you haven't seen it and don't know?

This production depicts God as an evil tyrant who hires hit men to go out and kill hundreds of innocent people to advance his own agenda. Moses brings down the ten commandments from God saying "Thou shalt not kill", then God sends his desciples into villages to slaughter all the people and animals there. Let's hope Jesus is not the son of this Biblical God.

This production depicts God as an evil tyrant who hires hit men to go out and kill hundreds of innocent people to advance his own agenda. Moses brings down the ten commandments from God saying "Thou shalt not kill", then God sends his desciples into villages to slaughter all the people and animals there. Let's hope Jesus is not the son of this Biblical God.
Oh-ho! Now I'll have to see it.
But, is that really what the production does? Or is that your paraphrase using your own metaphors? In which case might your description almost as well describe the original Bible?

I really wanted them to do the Tower of Babel, but they went straight from Noah to Abraham. Noah's accent made me think, "Why didn't they just get Sean Connery?" <3

Of course, I never watch the History Channel for history. That would be dangerous. What they're doing with the Bible is dramatizing a historically famous book, though the producer totally acknowledged his religious motivation. So far, it's been kind of silly. I don't really expect "accuracy" exactly. If they want to do the Bible accurately, how about if they just have Sean Connery read it? I'd watch that!

so one guy from north africa with distinctive north african features looks a bit like another guy with north african ancestry. so what ... to imply anything more than that is an oversized stretch of the imagination.

hmm I rather thought politicians, despite being consummate stretchers of the truth, entirely lacked imagination.

Exhibit 1. Comparison of said politician with said actor as a case in point. It is unimaginative and predictable.

hmm I rather thought politicians, despite being consummate stretchers of the truth, entirely lacked imagination.

Exhibit 1. Comparison of said politician with said actor as a case in point. It is unimaginative and predictable.

Ah, logic. :)

Have a good day, with many happier thoughts..

Back