• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hiya

AbnormalButSane

Hello! :)

I suppose I should introduce myself. I am Rebecca Lee. I don't care what you call me really, so long as it is not "Hey, You."
About Me:
-I am a 16 year old girl.
-I come from a very small town in a very boring state in the great nation US of A!
-I go to school. I like school.(Bet you've never met a teenager who's said that.)
-I love to read, eat, sleep, watch tv, play the piano, screech out some notes on the violin, play with my kitty, and stuff.
-I like the smell of candles, peach cobbler, and sweettarts(The best candy ever invented) :cool:
-I am somewhat abnormal but trust me I am completely sane.Er most of the time.
-I like listening to music, any type really. I'm for all...except maybe country.
My favorite musicians and bands: The All-American Rejects, Ben Jelen(Great Pianist and Violinist), and some tango music.
-My favorite Movie is: Better Off Dead. It's hilarious.
-My current favorite TV Show: Carnivale(And Season 2 will be on soon!)
-And the best book I've ever read: Flowers For Algernon by Daniel Keyes. It was so good I cried. I highly recommend it, but it is sad though.

Yes,well that's my mini bio. Hope you enjoyed it. :D Hope to see you around. And I am glad I found this forum because I've been looking for a book forum to join.

Thanks very much!

Rebecca Lee

Welcome! Hope you enjoy yourself!

I also enjoyed school as a teenager. Not so much now that i'm in grad school...now its just work. ;)

Welcome to the forum...
Stay here long enough and we'll get the last sane part out of you..

Welcome to the book forum! :)

Just out of curiosity, what are "sweettarts" exactly?

I would love to see Carnivale as I've read good reviews about it, but I'll have to wait until it turns up on terrestrial TV (probably sometime in 2008 :rolleyes: )

Halo said:
Just out of curiosity, what are "sweettarts" exactly?

:eek: You've never had Sweetarts, Halo! :eek:

Sweetarts are rolls of candies that are compressed, crunchy sugar and mouth-puckering tart fruit flavors. They're in the shape of a tablet about an inch around and are in different colors to match the flavors (grape, cherry, lemon, etc.)

sweetarts1sr.jpg

Another version by another company are smaller and are called "Smarties". Both versions are very popular with kids and adults.

I agree! The greatest candy ever invented!

(PS--welcome to the Forum, AbnormalButSane! Hope you enjoy your stay. Please hang your straightjacket in the closet at the end of the hall... :D )

Cathy

Hello and welcome to the forum that never tired to eat your brain!

Although the pod people might. Or the space bats. Maybe the penguins.

Enjoy! :)

<--abnornal AND insane. Pfft. Beat that :p

Hmm... I think your Smarties must be different to English Smarties, Cathy. Ours are little tablets of chocolate, encased in a sugar coating. They're made by Nestlé I think, so they're not the same company.

Anyway, welcome to this fantastic forum, Rebecca. It's nice to have another musician here! What stuff are you playing on the piano at the moment? I got the sheet music for Chopin's Raindrop Prelude just the other day and am learning that at the moment. You should check out this website if you fancy learning some new pieces. That's where I got my music for Raindrop Prelude from. If you want to get it you'll have to know that it's Opus 28 - Number 15 (and it's in the Preludes section, obviously).

Have a great time here.

Cathy C said:
:eek: You've never had Sweetarts, Halo! :eek:

Sweetarts are rolls of candies that are compressed, crunchy sugar and mouth-puckering tart fruit flavors. They're in the shape of a tablet about an inch around and are in different colors to match the flavors (grape, cherry, lemon, etc.)

Thanks for that! :) I suppose our nearest equivalent would be Refreshers, except they are fizzy too. I used to buy something like Sweetarts when I was young, they cost about 1 penny!! :eek:

Nosferatu Man said:
Hmm... I think your Smarties must be different to English Smarties, Cathy. Ours are little tablets of chocolate, encased in a sugar coating. They're made by Nestlé I think, so they're not the same company.

Anyway, welcome to this fantastic forum, Rebecca. It's nice to have another musician here! What stuff are you playing on the piano at the moment? I got the sheet music for Chopin's Raindrop Prelude just the other day and am learning that at the moment. You should check out this website if you fancy learning some new pieces. That's where I got my music for Raindrop Prelude from. If you want to get it you'll have to know that it's Opus 28 - Number 15 (and it's in the Preludes section, obviously).

Have a great time here.

I am currently trying to play Brahm's Waltz in A Flat Op. 39, No.15, Opening Theme from Piano Concerto, No.1 by P.I. Tschaikowsky, and Blue Danube by Strauss.(Oh and Old Time Rock and Roll-Bob Segar and the Silver Bullet Band!) I should emphasize the word TRYING though. My piano teacher obviously has too much confidence in me. :p But she's a sweet lady and I'm willing to give them a try. :)

I would also like to thank the many people who were so nice and welcoming! I have never met a board which responded with such hospitality as this board.
Thank you all. :)

AbnormalButSane said:
I have never met a board which responded with such hospitality as this board.
Thank you all. :)

Well, we don't know all that many people who are SANE, AbnormalButSane, so we're naturally curious! :D

(And don't believe SillyWabbit about the penguins... :mad: Penguins are warm and soft and fluffy. Not at all evil like he claims!)

Cathy

Welcome in our cosy little loony bin.

Don't think too much about being sane, it will change soon enough.:D

And don't take candies from these penguins. They may look friendly but these birds of evil are after world domination sure enough.

Wow, that all sounds cool. I don't think I've heared that Waltz by Brahms though, unless I'm very much mistaken. Or Old Time Rock and Roll for that matter. I might try and grab a copy of both of those works, :D. I'm listening to Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto No. 1 at the moment though, and it sounds amazingly complicated! He was my favourite composer for a while a few months ago, but I've kinda drifted away from him to the great pianists: Liszt and Chopin, and; the Jazz Man, Gershwin. I don't think he's officially called the Jazz Man, but I like the sound of it anyway.

Cathy C said:
Well, we don't know all that many people who are SANE, AbnormalButSane, so we're naturally curious! :D

(And don't believe SillyWabbit about the penguins... :mad: Penguins are warm and soft and fluffy. Not at all evil like he claims!)

Cathy

Don't believe Cathy about the penguins! She is in league with the foul birds and plots to take over the world and charge us for the usage of ice cubes ( among other evils ) so just so NO to the penguins! :eek:

Back