• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hola from Sunny San Diego

catfish

Hello all. I just joined today and so far have loved browsing your forum. Lots of keen minds here. As far as my reading taste, most would feel I've yet to read much of substance as I stick to fiction mostly such as Grisham, Cook, King, L'amour, or McMurtry and the like. In fact, most of what brought me here is that I tend to find an author I enjoy and stick with them until I'm practically burned out of them. I hope to vary my reading after participating here for a while. I'm on a McMurtry obsession at the moment with a brief interruption for Arthur C. Clarke.

I found a book in the trash a while ago (oh the horror) called The Letter of the Law by Tim Green. I've yet to start it. Anyone heard of it? Well I'll let you know how it is after I finish my Western fix.

See ya 'round!

Catfish

Welcome to the Boards, Catfish! You'll find us a friendly bunch of booklovers.

Cheers, Martin :D

Welcome Catfish. I'm sure you'll add plenty of books to your read list after browsing around here. I know that I have.
And once you're done using your sun, pass it our way will ya?

Bill

hi catfish
gee..you read grisham,Arthur c Clarke,cook like me and say you didnt read books of substance?
i protest!!:D
anyways welcome to this forum. believe me you'll enjoy it here!

Thanks all.

Growing up with an English professor Grandfather, not much stock was placed in fiction, especially some of the high-volume commercial fiction that appeals to me. That's not to say I didn't enjoy the heck out of them. I guess by substance I meant I didn't read many "classics." I'm glad to hear good old fashioned fiction is the norm here. I'd hate to be forced to read too much non-fiction. Reality is no fun, as far as I'm concerned.

Back