• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

hollaback girl

jenn

according to my hip-hop sources this is a hollaback girl:

hollaback girl: An attractive girl but not the cream of the crop." When Tom sees Julie at a club, he hollas at her because she looks good but then when he sees Becky, he forgets all about Julie. At the end of the night when becky has dissed him, he "hollas back" at Julie."

Or: a girl who doesn't spend her time discussing issues and trying to win over others with logic but rather prefers to throw down and convince skeptics through fisticuffs or a good ass kicking.

i believe i fall in the second catagory. you got a problem with that?!!!

What if I do? :cool:

Don't make me unleash my mutant hamsters on you, for they are mutants and their puffy cheeks are full of evil ( and bits of fluff )

Martin said:
Holla - that's not even a word.

And I know you're doing this on purpose.

Cheers
Some people pronounce "holler" (yell, shout) hol'-la, leading to "holla". Where I'm from a "hollow" can be a "holler" because of the regional pronunciation.

Ain't it like a yeller dog? They found out that the yeller dog is a real breed, not just a mutt type. Purebred Southern yeller dogs are special now.

I wonder if a dog can be a hollaback dog? I think all dogs are hollabacks.

Some people pronounce "holler" (yell, shout) hol'-la, leading to "holla".
I know - but still, it isn't a word!!

If a girl (because it's mainly girls who use this atrocity) ever says 'holla' to me in person, I'll smack her across the face, I swear.

Cheers

Martin said:
I know - but still, it isn't a word!!

If a girl (because it's mainly girls who use this atrocity) ever says 'holla' to me in person, I'll smack her across the face, I swear.

Cheers
Sorry. Wasn't sure if you were familiar with it. Why would that bother you? People use it here as "Talk to you later" and "What's up?"

RitalinKid said:
Sorry. Wasn't sure if you were familiar with it. Why would that bother you? People use it here as "Talk to you later" and "What's up?"

ignore him rk. he's dehydrated.

I live in a city where the majority use the word holla. Men use it more often than women. Trust me, Martin, you don't want to smack the people who say it around here.

And while I'm at it, the trendy word among the women here is aight, pronounced "ah-ite." It is a contraction of "all right" and means "listen up." You don't want to smack them either.

People use it here as "Talk to you later" and "What's up?"
That's just it - why would you want to use 'holla' (which is not a word, by the way), which means as much as shout or yell, as 'talk to you later' or 'what's up'?

Why?!

And don't get me started on 'aight' and 'sup'.

Cheers

"Holla" is slang for "Holler", which means to yell or shout. You may have heard a DJ or rap artist say, "Let me give a shout out to my boy!" Well, a few years later, we have, "Let me holler at my boy." It's just a new way of saying the same thing. "Holler" is pronounced hol'-la in some North American dialects, so that's where that comes from. Holla has more uses now. It's like aloha. You can say it coming and going. You can tell someone to get in touch with you by saying, "Holla back at me" or "Holla back at your boy" or whatever. If that makes no sense, it's because I've been at work for, oh, about 15 hours now.

Yo peeps, whassup? ...

.... No wait, its no good, I am clearly out of date with my jive-talkin' self.

Phil :D

Word Martinizzle. My head is spinizzlin wit dis new talk. Hollaback, hollafront, who gonna holla at dat ho anyway, you know wat I'm sayin? Lookin all hooch in her outfits. . . bunch of scrubs maybe. She aint nuttin. She can schnizzle my dizzle wit her nasty self. But is all good aight. Little mama just tryin to make herself some of dat green, I aint gonna have no problem wit it, I be doin de same thing if I had de connections, and you probably do it too, true dat. So it don't make no sense to be hatin on her, even if she is skanky wit herself. Talkin like she know somethin, she don't know sh*t. She ain't hard, she ain't a playa.

She come here to H-town, I show her some hollaback for real do.

Because I'm so easily amused I popped this page into Gizoogle. Wabbit... I never knew you were so eloquent! And I've never heard a Kelly Clarkson song sound so interesting... See here for gizoogled thread. A sample is shown below: :D

gizoogledbookforum8ig.jpg

Back