• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

home at last! please help with a title...

chisaikodomo

Thanks for stopping to read this, any help/hints you can give will be great!
I read this book, which may be part of a series, something like 10 years ago and it goes along these lines...
A woman, who has amnesia, is working at an inn. She possess a severed finger with a ring on it, and something else, maybe a broken sword or a piece of a flag, I'm not sure. The city she is in has many temples to different gods.
One day one of the dancers at her inn is ill and she has to go on in her place, which is when she discovers that she has the ability to hypnotize/channel the energy of the people who watch her dancing. I don't really remember how the rest of the story goes, there's some sort of conflict in the city and one of her friends is played alive for some reason. Somehow she becomes associated with a warrior with whom she leaves at the end of the book to go find where she is from, and a brother that she remembers somewhere in the book.
I apologize for how vague this is. But I love this forum and am so glad I found it. Looking forward to getting to know everyone....

If I'm not mistaken you could be thinking of one of my favorite books by "P.C. Hodgell" the title would be "God Stalk" a good read if anyone else is interested. :D

Hi, Chisaikodomo! :)

I don't know what that book is, but I know your avatar! That's My Neighbor Totoro! ( if I am not mistaken! ) Great movie! Love it, one of the best anime movies out there.

The book you are looking for sounds pretty interesting. Will check it out if it's God Stalk or whatever.

Good luck and stick around! :D

Back