• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Home Sweet Home...?

Twilite

Was just thinking about the effort that goes into creating a fantasy/sci fi universe and how many intricately though out universes there must be now (thousands I'm sure?).
That got me thinking about which would be more pleasant than others so started to wonder;
If I could live in any fantasy universe, where would it be?
What do you think? Or perhaps a specific area of a universe? Certain city? Even certain house if you're that much of a fan!
And why of course!

I'm not so sure yet but would like to hear your opinions?

ooo, great question Twilite!

Unfortunately I have a completely unoriginal response, but it's the truth... I'd really love to go to Hogwarts. The whole castle and all the faculty and students is a huge appeal factor for me when I read the Harry Potter books so I'd really love to get that letter telling me I'm a witch! :p

I think I would want to live in the Elv forest(forgot the name :p) in Feist his world... midkemia I believe.

I agree Narnia would be great. However, living in Xanth would be loads of fun..so long as I could have a magical talent. I'd hate to be banished to Mundania, which looks a lot like where I live anyhow:D

feyralla said:
I think I would want to live in the Elv forest(forgot the name :p) in Feist his world... midkemia I believe.

Midkemia is the country as a whole. I believe Elvandar is the forest you're looking for? The tree city place? I just read that chapter yesterday, it does sound like an amazing place. I guess I'm a sucker for anything elven :eek:

I wouldn't say Hogwarts was a boring choice; it gives credit to the intricacy with which it has been written I'd say?

Hogwarts would be a wonderful place, or even Hogsmeade..and wouldn't it be fun to get to shop in Diagonalley? Just turn me loose in the bookshop, please?

Gah! But there are so many places I'd like to see... can't I just travel between them at random? Please?

I just hope the ticket won't be too expensive...

Ahem, now to actually answer the question: The Thetian Empire on Aquasilva, though I can't quite decide whether to go for the capital city Selerian Alstre or whether to go for one of the outlying islands... both have their charms. But that's definitely where I'd want to go.

Hogwarts come´s in second.

I can't decide. There are just too many places I would like to visit. To be honest, I'm not sure I would actually like to live in any of them permenantly, but I'd definitely like to go visit for a while. So a few I would like to go to:

Terry Brooks' world he created in the Shanarra series.
Deverry
Qualinesti

And Hogworts would definitely be a cool place to see.

I have a tie between the two places I would most like to see - Hogwarts and Rivendell. Both would would aboslutely amazing places to visit. I also wouldn't mind seeing Narnia, Diagon Alley and the Golden Woods from LOTR (I think that's what they are called?)

I like a lot of worlds, but most world just happend to be under a great evil threath, so that makes my choice harder ^_^(don't want to be killed by trollocs, angaraks, black magicians or an evil emperor that influeces your dreams :p)

And yes I meant elvander forest :D

I think I would like to live in Icewind Dale. It would be beyond exciting to meet Drizzt and there is always something going on!

KristoCat said:
Oh yay I'm glad everyone's with me on the Hogwarts choice! Let's organize a field trip :p

Of course we HAVE to stop in Diagonally to shop;) This is gonna be sooo much fun!!

KristoCat said:
Oh yay I'm glad everyone's with me on the Hogwarts choice! Let's organize a field trip :p
Sign me up for that one too. I'll get some sickles together and buy a round of Butterbeers for the lot of you!

KristoCat said:

I am with "all" of you. Do not let my name "muggle" fool you. It is a disquise for my complete name of "muggle not", and you know what that stands for. :)

I completely forgot about the Hall of Worlds :eek: !! I change my answer to the Hall of Worlds. I would love to live in a place between places where I could visit thousands of different worlds. :D

Bookwyrm said:
I completely forgot about the Hall of Worlds :eek: !! I change my answer to the Hall of Worlds. I would love to live in a place between places where I could visit thousands of different worlds. :D

I know, Thousands of worlds to visit and you dont age! But you must be careful you dont open a door and step into the abyss.

Back