• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Horror novels...

I am fascinated of horror stories, is there anyone can suggest me a horror novels?

I can suggest plenty.

The Shining
by Stephen King is one of my favourites, and something I recommend to both fans and non-horror genre fans. More recently Justin Cronin's The Passage was a great read, but also quite epic in scope so be prepared for quite a long read with that one. For shorter/punchy/pulpy reads there're books by Brian Keene/Richard Laymon/Bentley Little/Bryan Smith. That's not to say those guys haven't pumped out some good reads, but many are quick-paced fun reads. James Herbert can craft a good ghost story, but hasn't had too much stuff out in recent years, an absolute classic if you can hold of it is The Matrix by Jonathan Aycliffe. I was just reminded of this the other day actually when I found my copy... brilliant book.

This year a great novel I read was Apartment 16 by Adam Nevill. This one jumped out at me as I wasn't really expecting it to be as good as it was, and as a fan of the genre found it to be very atmospheric, as someone who has lived in London found it described places so very well and as a fan of many horror author's works found Nevill really melded the styles of several of my favourite horror novelists works. Very enjoyable read and quite scary.

On the short story front, check out this thread started by Libra with links to M R James works.

I am fascinated of horror stories, is there anyone can suggest me a horror novels?

Monstrosity by Ed Lee
Black Train by Ed Lee
Ghoul by Brian Keene
Darkness on the Edge of Town by Brian Keene
The Bridge by John Skipp and Craig Spector
The Pack: Winter Kill by Mike Oliveri

All of those are good stories, some more horrific than others but all quite good.

Thanks for all of your lists..I'm trying to check those books one by one..

I saw "The Shining" movie, I never thought it was from Stephen King's novel..

Thanks for all of your lists..I'm trying to check those books one by one..

I saw "The Shining" movie, I never thought it was from Stephen King's novel..

Neither did Stephen King - he was unhappy with the way it came out. The book is great, one of his best.

Back