• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Horror stories set at sea

nightwalker

I'm looking for a good novel or two that's set in the ocean. On surface or deep underwater. I want lot of mystery and horror. Serpents and other fantasy beasts okay, but give me something modern pls, not classical.

I don't think this would generally be classified as horror, but it is set under the sea and has some kinda creepy moments, and its the only thing even close that I've read, so how about Michael Crichton's Sphere?

nightwalker said:
I'm looking for a good novel or two that's set in the ocean. On surface or deep underwater. I want lot of mystery and horror. Serpents and other fantasy beasts okay, but give me something modern pls, not classical.
Hmm... I've got some old Donald Duck comics that'd fit this bill *perfectly*! :D

Sorry, this isn't at all helpful, but I can't resist. (It sure ain't classical.) :eek: Please don't hate me. For what it's worth, there does seem to be a lot of fiction based on the Titanic and other shipwrecks.

The only nautical thing that springs to mind - that was decent and modern - was Jaws. And that wasn't exactly horror. So, somebody will probaly write something set at sea, soon.

(I might work on that - lol)

Koji Suzuki's Dark Water is short stories, all related to water. Some of them have to do with the sea. It is classic Japanese ghost story fare, if you are in to that. What about Loch by Steven Alten? That isn't the sea but it has that monster aspect. I haven't read it so I can't vouch for it being good, but I know others that enjoyed it.

Back