• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

House

ruby

Does anybody watch the medical drama house? I think the acting is brilliant in it.Hugh laurie as Dr house is amazing,his humour is so dry,i crack up laughing every time i watch it. :D

ruby said:
Does anybody watch the medical drama house? I think the acting is brilliant in it.Hugh laurie as Dr house is amazing,his humour is so dry,i crack up laughing every time i watch it. :D
I watch the show primarily for Dr. House's sarcasm.

I didn't know he was British until the fourth or fifth episode, when I stumbled upon an article about the bloke in some magazine I can't remember the name of. When asked how he hid his English accent for the initial audition, he replied "I didn't hide anything, I simply applied an American accent" or something celver like that; I'm probably butchering this quote. He's a funny guy nevertheless.

this show is great. ive never really gotten into this type of show before but for some reason this one has me hooked. the next season should be pretty interesting with the new addition. house is pretty much the only show i try to watch every week

I'm waiting for it to be bought by a local television station. I have a thing for Hugh Laurie.

lies said:
I'm waiting for it to be bought by a local television station. I have a thing for Hugh Laurie.
Glad to know I'm not the only one with a thing for Hugh Laurie. ;) He's my number two man, right behind David Caruso of NYPD Blue/ CSI: Miami fame.

Just watched this for the first time. Hugh Laurie has been around for years here in Britain. One of his best roles ever was Prince George in Blackadder 3. I was pretty impressed with his American accent.

cajunmama said:
IMWTK!!!!
That's a new one for me - definition? "I Might Want To Kiss/Kill" ?

House is an intriguing show. I don't make a point of seeing it, but it will often suck me in if I'm not careful. I can imagine that his character would be very repulsive to some, though. He's *awfully* arrogant.

cajunmama said:
Books? Did you say books??? Oh, please enlighten me! Is our man an author, too? IMWTK!!!!
Yes, books. (Well, it might still be book in the singular...) His first novel was The Gun Seller and his second was scheduled for 2005 or 2006 I think.

I knew Fry was a writer, but it wasn't until a couple of years ago that I saw Laurie had tried his hand at writing too. I was browsing the shelves of my library and I remember thinking "how odd... Hugh Laurie isn't a common name, is it?"

Kookamoor said:
That's a new one for me - definition? "I Might Want To Kiss/Kill" ?

House is an intriguing show. I don't make a point of seeing it, but it will often suck me in if I'm not careful. I can imagine that his character would be very repulsive to some, though. He's *awfully* arrogant.

LOL!!!! @ kook!!! IMWTK=Inquiring Minds Want To Know.

And, in my opinion, that extreme self-confidence could be very attractive to some, as well.

Did anyone see last thursdays episode,the humour,wit and one liners are so funny i cryed laughing.pure class! :D I will buy this on dvd

For anyone who is a fan of House the new series starts on channel 5 this thursday at 10pm :D And i for one carnt wait.

Hugh Laurie is the only reason I watch House, just love his acerbic cutting wit. Found that the first series seemed to follow the same format for each story but am still going to watch the new series (starting here this week)
Think Hugh Laurie was at his most brilliant in Jeeves and Wooster. Can't imagine any actors to better him and Stephen Fry for these roles. Read somewhere that Hugh was suffering from bad depression when acting in Jeeves and Wooster so am even more impressed with his acting and determination. They were also truly hilarious(along with Rowan Atkinson) in the Black Adder series.

Back