• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

House

Have just read an interview with Hugh Laurie about House. He was asked if real-life doctors had responded to the character Gregory House. He replied that he hears from physical therapists ever day saying he uses his cane on the wrong leg. He said he did it deliberately. It struck him that if a physical therapist ever told House "This is the way to do it," he would do it the other way.
Thought that was pretty funny.

I love this show, it only took one episode to get me hooked.

I also love watching it to see Billy Kennedy (Jesse Spencer) light up the small screen again!!!:) Those of you who've seen Neighbours will understand.

The ep shown here the other night (I think we're a little behind - what's new) was the one with the little girl with cancer who had hallucinations. I bawled my eyes out, especially at the end when she hugged him....:(

Maybe I'm just a big softie.

Hey that's the exact same episode we had here this week ( though I missed it). We must be on a par for when we get programmes. I know this is off the subject but I'm really quite impressed with Aussie programmes. We have "The Alice" at the moment which I'm really enjoying. They've just decided it's ratings aren't that high so have put it on Friday nite at 11. Another one I really loved was SeaChange - such delightfully eccentric characters. Was really sad when that finished. Have also had Always Greener. Watched an Aussie movie called "Japanese Story" on Rialto with Toni Collette which I thought was excellent (very sad). Just think the quality is very high.

Peronel said:
I love this show, it only took one episode to get me hooked.

I also love watching it to see Billy Kennedy (Jesse Spencer) light up the small screen again!!!:) Those of you who've seen Neighbours will understand.

The ep shown here the other night (I think we're a little behind - what's new) was the one with the little girl with cancer who had hallucinations. I bawled my eyes out, especially at the end when she hugged him....:(

Maybe I'm just a big softie.

Yes it is good to see Jesse Spencer looking as lovely as ever ;)

I have never liked a medical drama, but I absolutely love House. Hugh Laurie is absolutely brillant. The rest of the cast is good too, but let's face facts we watch the show for Hugh Laurie.

I love House, and I love Hugh Laurie. His turn as the dimwit Prince of Wales in BlackAdder (which I love also) is just hilarious.

They way he plays House is just wonderful. Though I have to say the appearance of Sela Ward in to the cast spoilt the story for me.

ds

Back