• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How do you feel when....

I always feel a bit sad when I finish a book. I think that this is because I enjoy reading so much that I feel sad when there no more book left to read.

I usually feel a bit sad if the book was really good, but usually I'm a little, well - relieved (for lack of a better word) because then I can get onto the next story. I prefer to read books in a series rather than just a one-off, however, because this means that I can revisit my favourite characters again in a totally different situation.

~MonkayCatcher~

I sometimes feel down also. It's just a bummer if the book is truly wonderful. Usually I just try to tell myself I'll find another outstanding read. :)

Nice to know I'm not alone! Depends on the book. Only get this sort of emotion if it's a good book.
I feel down - a really, really, really strong sense of anti climax. I can get depressed and irritable, too. If it's a series (and presuming that it's good), I also get a overwhelming desire to get my hands on the next one, and go insane until I can read it. I have a habit of going off and reading the amusing bits to whoever in my family will stand still long enough to listen... but generally I'll sit down and reread bits of it. I'll reread most of the book at least once if I really like it.

There is nothing more exciting than this time. Once one book is done, it is time to start the next. It is very funny that I can be dead asleep through the last few pages of whatever book I am reading, but as soon as I close it I spring up to grab what has been "chosen" to follow. I will not finish a book until I have decided what will be read next for this exact reason. I always launch directly into the next book once I finish what I've been reading.

Privatjokr said:
There is nothing more exciting than this time. Once one book is done, it is time to start the next.
I also get excited when I get near the end of a book. If it's been a really special journey, I will definitely be sad when I turn that last page. However, I adore the anticipation that comes with picking out my next read.

Like a lot of things in life - there are moments that stay with you awhile, whilst others just linger momentarily. It's the same, for me, with books. There are endings that happen at the right moment and you can put the book down having enjoyed it thoroughly. There are endings that leave you to reflect on the whys and therefores. There are those that leave you with a lasting impression of the characters that are left behind. Then there are those that you just don't want to end - the ones whose characters have become enmeshed in your own imagination and you want to find out 'what next?'. Don't you just love to read :D

Sometimes I feel sad that it's over, but most of the time I'm satisfied (if it was good), annoyed (if the book didn't satisfy me), or just anxious if I know that I'm going to read something that greatly interests me next.

I feel...

Relief, if the books is too long. But when it's short and I really loved it, I would say 'that's it?' But if it's a fast-paced book like Sidney Sheldon's, I feel like I'm catching my breath. :rolleyes:

francesca said:
How do you feel when you have just closed the last page of a book and its all over?

With the shit I'm reading at the moment (Perdido Street Station) it will be nothing but relief. 71 more pages to go and, while it's all action action action the writer has utlised the annoying method of literary "bullet time" (i.e. slow-mo The Matrix) in which ten seconds can pass but it takes two pages to clock because, while everything is happening so fast, the characters are noting every little detail about everything and are thinking faster than a modern computer when considering their options. Crap, crap, crap!

Stewart said:
With the shit I'm reading at the moment (Perdido Street Station) it will be nothing but relief. 71 more pages to go and, while it's all action action action the writer has utlised the annoying method of literary "bullet time" (i.e. slow-mo The Matrix) in which ten seconds can pass but it takes two pages to clock because, while everything is happening so fast, the characters are noting every little detail about everything and are thinking faster than a modern computer when considering their options. Crap, crap, crap!
Stewart if i felt like you do i would put the book in the bin! :)

It's only 71 pages to go (out of 867) and I want to finish it. It's even at the point where I drift in and out of reading it where I'm reading it and not taking anything that's been said on board and, when I come out of my reading trance, there's a new character introduced or they've moved location and I've not even noticed.

It wants to be techno-Gormenghast whereas all I can give it is a Tight-Assed Groan. :(

Stewart said:
It's only 71 pages to go (out of 867) and I want to finish it. It's even at the point where I drift in and out of reading it where I'm reading it and not taking anything that's been said on board and, when I come out of my reading trance, there's a new character introduced or they've moved location and I've not even noticed.

It wants to be techno-Gormenghast whereas all I can give it is a Tight-Assed Groan. :(
Well if your read that much of the book stick with it! I hate it when reading and nothings going in! Good luck mate! :)

when im done reading a book im usually in a good mood, recalling my favorite events that took place in it, thinking of the bad things, thinking to myself what the characters might be doing afterwards in there world. i really like finishing a book, especially if its good it makes picking out the next one harder.

Back