• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How do you read a book?

butterflylover

When your reading a book,do you have to have complete silence to enjoy the book,or can you read with the t.v. on or with music on?I can read with the t.v. on but I prefer to read in complete silence.

I prefer to read in a quiet, relaxing place but more often do it with many distractions, while on the go. I try to keep a book in my bag that is easy to come and go to and something that needs my attention more, at home.

I prefer silence, though I do enjoy reading outside with the sounds of the wind and birds, if you can count those as "distractions."

Sometimes I find silence itself distracting, I like a little background noise going on most of the time. Still, at the end of the day I can read just about anywhere as long as someone isn't trying to have a conversation with me........and sometimes I can read through that too. lol.

I prefer quiet so I can get lost in the book, but I can read with the TV or radio on.

More recently actually I've enjoyed listening to some classical music while reading. Some Mozart or some Beethoven is nice. Holst is really good as well.

I can read anywhere really. If its a book I enjoy (and I usually know by the first few pages if I will get into it) then I get lost in it and my husband can be talking to me and I won't hear him

When your reading a book,do you have to have complete silence to enjoy the book,or can you read with the t.v. on or with music on?I can read with the t.v. on but I prefer to read in complete silence.
:devillookCan do either or read with the tv on or listen to music. Can read with just silence but have to be in a quite area if not then music it is.:cool:

I can't read it next to a tv, it's just not working for me. Radio? I don't know, depends. I can read in coffee shops just fine, while at home, radio needs to be turned off.
Reading in nature is best. :cool:

I prefer to read books in silence as little disturbance distracts me. When I was suffering from eyes problem,it would not allow me to read for a longer time me due to a lot of itching and the words were not visible properly. Then my healthcare professional suggested me to wear reading glasses and I got the glasses on just a click . Any kind of noise also I cannot tolerate at the time of reading.

I need quiet. If the TV is on, music is playing, or someone is talking, I feel like I'm half listening to whatever or whoever it is and half reading. I don't like feeling as though I'm missing even a single word, because, as an author myself, I know that every word is important. I want my readers fully engaged with my writing, so I aim to fully engage with other authors and their works.

I need quiet. If the TV is on, music is playing, or someone is talking, I feel like I'm half listening to whatever or whoever it is and half reading. I don't like feeling as though I'm missing even a single word, because, as an author myself, I know that every word is important. I want my readers fully engaged with my writing, so I aim to fully engage with other authors and their works.
How many books have you published? Are they available on Amazon?

Doesn't really matter..If there is noise outside my bedroom I probably go out for a cigarette then go back to reading..Thats only if I have loads to do that day :)

Back