• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How Logical/Empathetic are you?

Marquis Rex

Measure your Empathy Quotient:

www.guardian.co.uk/life/flash/page/0,13249,937836,00.html

Average for men: 42
Average for women: 47

Measure your Systemising Quotient:

www.guardian.co.uk/life/flash/page/0,13249,937835,00.html

Average for men: 30
Average for women: 24

For the record, I got 71 and 55 respectively.

I'm not sure of the value in these kind of simple tests, particularly since it seems easy to manipulate them to represent what you believe you be the truth about yourself, as opposed to what is actually the case and what others might say for you. However I found in another car orientated forum I frequent that most of the guys got quite a low EIQ. I would expect to see much higher EIQ scores here.

Have fun!

Phedre said:
No! I love puppy's, just don't like humans very much.... :D
I HEAR you totally on that one.

I don't like humans generally much either. Infact I'm becoming more and more of a recluse.
People skills are just a neccassary evil to get along in life.

lol I think we three are agreed. Animals are better than people!

*kills somebody*

*pats a nice puppy*

SillyWabbit said:
lol I think we three are agreed. Animals are better than people!

*kills somebody*

*pats a nice puppy*

seems that we're four!! i like animals better, but i'm mostly allergic!! :(
anyway, i have 57 in the first one and 26 in the second!! i don't trust this tests, but they are mostly fun!! :D

OK, all four of us recluse can be together... wait... lol

Yeah, I really take those tests as fun. I don't believe they are a real indication of how empathic I actually am.

You can figure out what they want to hear on these tests to get a high score. Some of the answers that would probably get a high score, aren't answers I would call 'empathy'. It is 'their' definition of empathy. I have my own.

Eq: 26
Sq: 45

Actually that is similar to what I expected (not quite such low scores though) - I much prefer finding out how things work and fixing them as oppose to empathising with people :eek:

Back