• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How long do you read for??

Anywhere from 1/2 hour to all day if I can get away with it! A great book sucks me in and its hard to get out to do other stuff! I try to get in at least 75-100 pages a day, but more is always better. :D When I was a kid, I'd spend up to 6 hours reading in the library-that was awesome.

Try to read whenever i get a spare moment, usually about 3/4 hours a day in total. Always make sure I've got a book with me, you never know where you might be able to grab a few minutes.
I have a small sports bag that i carry around it contains my current book, my glasses. pen and notebook ( to jot down new titles to check out)

I read all the time since I don't own a TV. I am either reading on the net or reading books :) So probably around 7 hours a day when i'm working and a wholel ot more when i'm not. Such as now :p

cabrasopa said:
Try to read whenever i get a spare moment, usually about 3/4 hours a day in total. Always make sure I've got a book with me, you never know where you might be able to grab a few minutes.
I have a small sports bag that i carry around it contains my current book, my glasses. pen and notebook ( to jot down new titles to check out)

I do the same thing. I have a satchel/sportsbag that I bring to work with me and carry my current book. And I carry it around almost wherever I go, so If I end up just waiting around I have something to do. I guess I spend a minimum of 30 mins reading. Sometimes hours if I really get into it and have the time. But the wife and kid usually don't allow for it.

I can't read for more than an hour cause if I do I get a major headache. :( But if it's a really good book then I'll take out as much time as possible to read it.

As much as I can get away with!! Seriously, it varies widely. I can usually get in a couple of hours after the kids go to bed. Sometimes, if it's an especially interesting book, I'll read during the day if I am not working. Sometimes, if I have a lot of work, I get in maybe 15 minutes before my eyes close. Now and then, on a dull weekend I can read all day but I haven't had one of those in a while.
That reminds me, I should slip a book into my work bag.

pearl, maybe you need glasses? The headache could be from eye strain.

I made the mistake yesterday of not stashing the book in my purse like I normally do. We went into town to meet some friends and then afterward ended up running errands which resulted in us sitting in the car dealership for a while and I had nothing to read! Argh! No good magazines either! lol

I think sometimes I go through slumps where I just don't read hardly at all and then other times when I'm reading all the time. It varies depending on my mood and what I feel like doing at the time.

ORIGINAL POST BY HOLLIS : I think sometimes I go through slumps where I just don't read hardly at all and then other times when I'm reading all the time. It varies depending on my mood and what I feel like doing at the time.

same for me! :)

On weekends and school breaks, I read practically all day because there's not really anything else to do. During school, I read whenever I get a bit of spare time.

I read whenever. Generally about 1/2 hr in one go (b/c that's how long I spend on the train) or 4/3 hr (duration of lunchtime). At home, it varies, depedning how much time i spend on the net, and what I'm reading. And homework. *shudders*

I read for about 4-5 hours on a weekend.
If I get even one hour free on a weekday, then I consider myself lucky!
Pity, I dont get enough time to read! :(

--it depends, sometimes I can read a book in one sitting, like Dan Brown's Angels & Demons, I read it for 13 straight hrs.If the book is not too thick,like 250 up to 300 pages,I can read it in one sitting.

Wow~!
Never saw anyone who read for that long!

I mostly read books when I feel like it and have the time for it without affecting my schoolwork.
I live in The Netherlands and you may think that I read Dutch books, but I read english ones and I choose hard english books most of the time, so I can learn as much as I can of the book.

My preferable time of reading books is in the week-end, because then I haven't got a lot of stuff on my mind.
My reading time differs from 40min - 3 hours a day.

«FickleMinded» said:
--it depends, sometimes I can read a book in one sitting, like Dan Brown's Angels & Demons, I read it for 13 straight hrs.If the book is not too thick,like 250 up to 300 pages,I can read it in one sitting.

Hehe, how you use a word with a profound and an impetuos flavour.

Did you know that the Dutch once invaded London and torched the city?
The earls were so scared that they fled all the way to the Highlands :eek:

Ice said:
:eek: Another one - we're being inundated with them :D

Back