• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How many books do you have on your E-reader?

What can I say I like to read, I average about 4-6 books a week of around 200 pages each. I can usually read around 2-3 a day of books less than a 100 pages or there about. There are currently 246 books in my "recently purchased" folder which is about 2 months old, which I need to get through before purchasing more. At the moment my "to read folder" has 6 occupants, which were added at about 2 months ago.
How does everyone else organize their folders?

alphabetically by author, multiple books by the same author go in sub-folders by series

What can I say I like to read, I average about 4-6 books a week of around 200 pages each. I can usually read around 2-3 a day of books less than a 100 pages or there about. There are currently 246 books in my "recently purchased" folder which is about 2 months old, which I need to get through before purchasing more. At the moment my "to read folder" has 6 occupants, which were added at about 2 months ago.
How does everyone else organize their folders?

LOL and I thought I was the only voracious reader who read like this. yeah shorties are like Smarties (M & M's but much nicer) you just gulp and they are gone. I tend to choose books by length (really) so that it isn't like reading a quick slurp and then it's done.

ok tablet arrived today and apart from it taking ages to find an ebook reader that would actually find and install ebooks on an external USB card and/or SD card it is fantastic. And yes the battery doesn't last long compared with the reader but I'm not complaining because of the advantages with games, writing on the go and other bits n bobs.

I have two ereaders, one is a Kindle, with about 70 collections - not all are by author though, some are done by topic. I just added another 40? or so novels, over 6 authors. I also have a generic e-reader that is 2GB with a 4GB sd card - I'm not going to try and count those. I'll delete them if they haven't 'grabbed' me in good time...like..over two years :D I forced myself to finish an abandoned book not long ago, and realised I could have lived without ever reading it. I'd guesstimate over 1000.

Since joining this forum, my books have grown and grown. Ya'all got to stop recommending books lol.

Current total 1837 and climbing

You guys keep posting such formidable figures that I feel I am not a reader at all :( Have just 50 ( read n unread) on my Tab that I plan to finish hopefully in this year.

Not counting the public domain titles that came pre-loaded onto it (some of which are actually pretty good), about 30.

I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 450. Many have not been read and lots were free. I downloaded the Harvard 6 foot collection of books ( or is it 10 foot?) (which takes up far less than 6 feet in my Nook) smile. I also downloaded a lot of classics that can be bought for 99cents or less. I also have to download new books as a preorder - like Donna Tartt's "The Goldfinch" - which I loved. As a book collector, at one time, I thought you'd NEVER get me to buy one of the durn things. Now, I love being able to carry so many books around with me so easily. If I want a book for my permanent collection after I have read it on my Nook, I just find a first edition signed and add that to my library.

I currently have 5 books on my Kobo.
Why not more? 'Cause I can't read 100 books at the same time.

Greetz. Deystorm

lol true you can only read one book at a time but I don't have any real paper books so my e-reader is my library

I don't own an e-reader and don't plan to! :) I love the feeling of a book in my hands and turning the pages. I get it though....it's convenient. But I...just...can't...do....it!

Me either.
I love to turn pages, smell a new book.. the feel :)

Holding the actual book makes it easier for me to get into it, I have tried reading electronically on my iPad and I just couldn't do it.

Books always :) <3

well I have a small announcement ... I went over 2000 books some time in the recent book finding spree - calibre (the only way to manage your books across multiple devices!) tells me I have 2143 books.

I admire Summerflyte for reading so much. I have no e-reader, just a Kindle app on my desktop. Still, I've only read 19 of the 37 ebooks on it since I got it six months ago. But I read print copies (paperbacks, mostly) more often.

I have about 20 books on it right now. I have read quite a few of them. If I get a book that is free and don't like it, then I remove it. If I paid for it, I will leave it on there because why waste good money?

Back