• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How many books do you have?

How many books do you have?

• Less than 100

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • 100 to 500

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • 500 to 1000

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Over 1000

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Don't know

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters
I'd have many, many more, but with space constraints, I try to do a regular "weeding out" and donate to charity or trade them in at used book stores.

My dream home would have a separate library with built-in, wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling bookshelves! :D

Originally posted by Ell
My dream home would have a separate library with built-in, wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling bookshelves! :D
That's exactly how I want it as well. Sadly I only have one room at my disposal here at home, and one tiny book case.

If I combine my partners and mine we have well over 1000! Our room is being taken over. Seriously, there is barely any room to move in there. We installed wall to wall shelving wherever there was a bare spot, it's ridiculous!

We go to charity shops almost every weekend and buy at least 5 books, so they are just multiplying with no sign of stopping.

KT

Originally posted by Ell

My dream home would have a separate library with built-in, wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling bookshelves! :D [/B]

My sister's home has a loft library. When you walk in the front door you look up and see wall to wall books - it's glorious! It's the reason she bought the house.

I voted for 1000+, but I might just as easily have said that I don't know. My best guess at this point would be in the 8 to 10,000 range. They really should be thinned out, but the task has mushroomed to the point that I won't undertake it until I am forced to move.

Too many.... That is all I know. They are all scattered everywhere in the numerous places where I have lived so far,

M

For today, I've got precisely 492 books, but I can assure you that this number will change in the nearest future. :D
I've got all my books listed in my computer alphabetically. This idea came to my mind only few years ago, so my decision cost me a few days of hard work. But now I'm totally satisfied with the effect.

Of course, I don't count in my parents' and brother's books. If I did, it would be twice as many.

how do you manage to know that? i tried a count when i was a kid and lost track after 396. i also kept a catalogue that got outdated after three days...
do not know why i cannot count my own books

M

Originally posted by Morry
how do you manage to know that? i tried a count when i was a kid and lost track after 396. i also kept a catalogue that got outdated after three days...
do not know why i cannot count my own books

M

I understand completely, Morry. I have attempted numerous times to catalogue my books, with little success. I always seem to get distracted by the books themselves, finding books I've always meant to read but have forgotten I own, and looking through well loved books once again.......

I also don't have room for all of the books I want (and I am so thankful for DVDs as I have so much more room now I have got rid of all of my space eating videos) but I absolutely hate throwing books away. If I am getting rid of any I try and give them to people I know will enjoy them.

Mxx

I think I've got somewhere between 500 and 1000 books although I'm going to have to build myself a database to keep track of all my books, CDs, and DVDs shortly. That way I'll know for certain. I buy books at about 10 a month now.

I figure if I don't have quite 1000 now, I will by the end of the month. But I probably do have that many, despite frequent pruning.

I haven't a clue how many books I have. I've got a load up in the loft, a heap in my son's bedroom cupboard and books just lying about wherever there is space.

Back