• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How many times.......

Before I started reading as a 'serious' activity a few years ago, I re-read my whole bookcase of Famous Fives, Secret Sevens, multiple times, and more recently I've read The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings quite a few times. I'm sort of re-reading The Silmarillion for the second time aswell, now, although I'm concentrating more on newer purchases. After reading The Catcher in the Rye I re-read that straight away. On the third time through, though, I sort of didn't laugh as much, and was a bit sick of it. And with The Lord of the Rings, I got a bit sick of that nearing the end of my fifth time through. I think I'll leave that one on the shelf for a while before I pick it up again.

I think re-reading is almost a necessity for me, because my concentration isn't always fantastic, and I always notice something new the second, third and even (in the case of The Lord of the Rings) fourth time through. I'm reading One Hundred Years of Solitude at the moment, and intend to read that again some time later.

You're not mad, Genie!

If I've read a really good book then I will re-read it over & over.

Even though I have a load of new books to read, if I suddenly fancy reading an old one, I go for it.

:)

Back