• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How much books do you read per year?

Rogue

How many books do you read per year?

I'm reading all the time, so all told I finish about 100 - 150 books a year. Reading is a good thing to keep my mind occupied and it prevents me from watching TV all day. :D

I also read constantly but at a much slower pace. Partly due to school and partly due to the fact that I really take an introspective look into grasping the novel or text that I'm reading.

I've had a good year if I'm able to read over a dozen novels. Fictitious that is.
Besides for the many textbooks I have for my classes, I enjoy reading historical texts too. Do not care much for vogue non-fiction because I find that many are full of obvious discussion and banalities.

I probably read about twenty books a year, not counting all the individual poems and short stories I also read due to my addiction to web magazines. I still have about 90 books I haven't read yet and another 290+ on my Amazon wishlist. :rolleyes:

20 sounds about right. I tend to read one book per two weeks, so that would be 26 in a year, but every now and again (as is the case now) I take forever (or, say, a month and a half) to finish a book. So, 20.

Cheers

murphyz said:
1 a week perhaps. So around 50 a year.

Mxx

ditto. depends on the book of course. Some I can read 3 in a week, others can take a full month. And I often have 3 going at once. Plus, been reading a lot of poetry lately, that's hard to count.

Martin said:
every now and again (as is the case now) I take forever (or, say, a month and a half) to finish a book. So, 20.

I am currently in one of those slumps too, but I'm moving to Dublin by van and ferry on Saturday so maybe I'll get some reading done, although in recent years I haven't enjoyed reading while travelling at all. I drive my husband crazy wanting to talk the whole time.

bobbyburns said:
wait, what's wrong with watching t.v. all day?

It's just that I can't stop and most of the time I'm watching stupid reality tv stuff. Afterwards I'm always furious with myself because actually I don't like to watch that crap. I'm wasting a lot of time with I could have spent studying or reading a good book. You are just sitting in front of the TV and zapping most of the time for hours and hours.

About 20-30 books the year. It depends on how good is the book you read. September i read 6 very good books. August i read only 1 book because it was boring and i could not finish it soon.

I have so many commitments and I take on large books....maybe 15 ? I'd love ot increase that but I'm just getting to the peak of my schooling and so maybe once I've settled down with a job after school I can increase that, but I like taking my time to enjoy and understand the stories

I average about 50 a year, but I've been in slumps where I've read maybe 1 a month and then phases like this year, when I've already read 40. I'm pretty busy during the day, but at night, I don't watch much television, so I usually read in bed for a couple of hours while hubby watches stuff.

Right now probably sixty a year. I go through spells of reading certain types of books. Right now, its mysteries, plus my favorite authors. I read fast and am really involved with the book.

Gizmo said:
It's just that I can't stop and most of the time I'm watching stupid reality tv stuff. Afterwards I'm always furious with myself because actually I don't like to watch that crap. I'm wasting a lot of time with I could have spent studying or reading a good book. You are just sitting in front of the TV and zapping most of the time for hours and hours.

if I lived in salzburg I wouldn't watch tv either. in my opinion, you live in the most beautiful city in europe. I'd be climbing mountains to calm myself down.

For me about 20 -30 book per year. Looklike I spend more on books than read books!!

I'd say about 100 :) . Maybe a little more, maybe fewer... I never count them exactly. But I read between 2 and 15 books a month so that sums up! During holidays I usually read more so most of what I read in a year is read during summer vacation. :cool:

Back