• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How much do you spend on books annually?

I didn't count how much I spent on books. For me, probaly about over £100!! Eek!! That show we are Book addict!

I'm too scared to add it up.

In all likelihood not too much, since I buy alot of my stuff from ebay and/or car boot sales. I probably spend just as much on furniture/shelving to house them all.

I've never heard of Booksale either, but if you're trying not to break the bank, give Green Metropolis a try. Good choice of titles, paperbacks £3-ish, and free delivery on all standard paperbooks (hardcovers cost extra, plus delivery, but still cheaper).

http://www.greenmetropolis.com

A scarily large amount, even accounting for the fact a significant percentage come from charity and 2nd hand shops.

I suffer from the curse of Amazon - buying online feels less like spending real money :( .

Grammath said:
....buying online feels less like spending real money :( .

:eek: It does, doesn't it?! :eek: I spent a whole heap of money on Ebay, because it just didn't feel like I was really spending. Until, of course, I finally really looked at my credit card. :eek: :rolleyes:

I easily spend over $1000. BF recently showed me that he is tracking my book purchases in a Big Brother-like attempt to categorize all of our spending. Of course, what he doesn't know is that half of my book purchases are at supermarkets and other stores like that... HEHEHE!

Back