• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How often do you read?

If you have free time on your hands will you read or do something else. I am currently reading two books, both by stephen king, the running man and pet sematary, i always say im gonna read but end up playin Madden online, I would like to sit down and read from pet semetary, but to me its so time consuming and i want to read it bad, but it seems like such a time waste, like if i were to spend my weekend reading, i will read an average of 3 hrs a week, sad i no, how much do you read weekly

Hm. I read about 3-4 hours a day on weekdays and about 5-6 hours a day on weekends. If I go away on holidays, I read even more. I only watch TV on weekends (taped Law & Order, Nip/Tuck, ER and World Movies... see I even read the televison!). I read my books every chance I can. I never believe people who say they have no time to read. It's a matter or priorities.

Anyway, I am an escapist!

it deppends on the book
some books i dont stop until i realize its already morning, others just one hour daily
and usually when i go to the street i take a back pack with stuff like my agenda, a bottle of water, a book, etc.. so i read while in the subway or if i have to wait for somebody on the street, restaurant, office or consultory.

Depends what I'm reading, if something grabs me I've been known to pull an all-nighter to finish it. I read every day, some days more than others. Usually a couple of hours in the evening and a bit more at the weekend. I work from home, so I have the luxury of being able to pick up/put down at will during quiet times, work-wise.

Sunday afternoons are prime reading time here. Usually to the detriment of everything else I should be doing...

Not having a TV helps too :)

Read mostly every day. I read quite a bit on the ineternet :)

mr_michel, the bottle of water comment made me smile... that's so Spanish! EVerybody carry a bottle of water everywhere. Spanish friend carries bottle of water all the time.

I read all the time, whenever I have the chance.

Every day I will read through my lunch hour. As soon as I get home I will start reading and, barring while I eat my evening meal, I usually continue til I go to bed.

At weekends, if I have a day free, I can easily spend the whole day reading.

I absolutely adore reading and I never see it as a waste of time.

MickeyRooney said:
If you have free time on your hands will you read or do something else. I am currently reading two books, both by stephen king, the running man and pet sematary, i always say im gonna read but end up playin Madden online, I would like to sit down and read from pet semetary, but to me its so time consuming and i want to read it bad, but it seems like such a time waste, like if i were to spend my weekend reading, i will read an average of 3 hrs a week, sad i no, how much do you read weekly
I read everyday, even if its not a book then its on the internet. (Forums, quizzes, questionairs, emails).

whenever i can. literally. with 2 kids under 4, i grab those moments of peace like money on a sidewalk. but faithfully i read one hour every night before bed. i find it helps change my brain acitivity from the rush rush of the day to whatever i am reading and helps me to fall asleep. unless of course i am hooked on the book and then i am up all night reading and i am screwed for the next day cause i only got like one hour of r.e.m.

I read as often as i have time and can concentrate!! i always have the right book on the hand, because i buy books, store them, and when i'm in the mood for that particular book i read it!! :D

I've been writing too much to read lately. I've got to stop that! :mad: Can't remember the last book I actually finished. :(

I try to read every day. I, like Jenn have young children, and I also have a business, so during the day I am pretty busy. I get most of my reading done at night after the kids put to bed. I'll read while hubby watches tv, often two hours, or more if it is a good book.

Like my buddy Starchild42 I am at home most of the time at the moment so have loads of time on my hands to read and its been very liberating.

My last job meant that i had to travel for four hours a day in the car and couldn't read at all. The job was 10 hours a day solid sometimes and was really stressful so it meant when i came home i was pooped out.

Now i am deomlishing a large number of books like someone who has just dsicovered bookks for the first time! I have just finished Hitler and the power of aesthetics and am onto Bertrand Russells, history of western philosophy - i may be here some time.!

Lisa(1)

You need to enjoy it, otherwise, maybe it IS a waste of time...

Anything that gives you pleasure is not a waste of time, in my book... :)
Now all you need to do is ask yourself whether or not it gives you pleasure when you read books...
If it does - there you go, it brings good things into your life - it is NOT a waste of time...

I read... Ummm... I believe 3 - 4 hours a day... Some less than that, some more...
I LOVVVE reading! Not only does it take my mind off things that bother me, but it really is a pure pleasure!

Ron. ;)

Reading occupies much of my time

I'd say I spend about 5-7 hours reading every weekday and 8-15 hours on weekend (I even bring a book to read when eating out at a restaurant or going to shops with parents). I always stay up very late, usually until midnight, to read books. I'm glad I'm still young, just 15 years old, and have a lot of time to read. Unlike me, my parents love to read too but they cannot manage more than 1/2 hour reading on each weekday and 3 hours on weekend.

As you can see, I love to read. Reading is one of my habits. I usually borrow more than 5 books in the local library. I go to library and bookstore every weekend. I often buy about 2-3 books everytime I'm in a bookstore. I cannot come home from a bookstore without at least purchasing one book.

Oops, now I sound like a bookworm. That's what half of the people I know call me... :-(

There's nothing wrong with being a bookworm. If there were, everyone in this forum would be in trouble! :)

I'm another person who reads anytime she can, online and off -- it probably comes out to four/five hours a day during the week. Not sure about weekends, it depends on how much social stuff I have planned.

I read atleast 5 hours a week. Reading habit depends on the book. If I am reading a thriller or mystery -- Jeffrey Archer/ Agatha Christie, I finish the book in 2-3 days. If I am reading a heavy book (figuratively :p ), then I take my own sweet time to finish it. I took one month to finish 'The Fountainhead'. :eek:

Back