• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How to turn off email alerts when someone replies to a thread you've posted on

Colleen

So, every time someone posts to a thread to which I'm subscribed, I get an email notification letting me know, even though I've indicated in my options that I don't want to receive email notifications. Is there something I'm missing?

Colleen, you go to your UserCP ,on the left side you will see settings and options, click on "edit options" and you can fix it.:)

I guess I wasn't being clear, but what I was trying to say above is that I've already done that and I'm still receiving email notifications.

Go back where I told you, and you will see this:

Default Thread Subscription Mode

When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.

Then you choose your option and save.

Do not subscribe
No email notification
Instant email notification
Daily email notification
Weekly email notification

You have done all this and saved ?

I guess I wasn't being clear, but what I was trying to say above is that I've already done that and I'm still receiving email notifications.

Hi Colleen. The options in your user cp will set the notification preference for new subscriptions, but the notification preference does not change for old subscriptions.

Go into your user cp. click on list subscriptions under subscribed threads. The second column from the right will list the notificaiton for each thread you have subscribed to. You can change the notification preference to each thread by checking the block on the right and then select the desired subscription type from the pull down menu found in the lower right hand corner where it says selected threads. In this case you will want to click on no email notification. Then just click on go.

Hope this helps.

Hi Colleen. The options in your user cp will set the notification preference for new subscriptions, but the notification preference does not change for old subscriptions.

Go into your user cp. click on list subscriptions under subscribed threads. The second column from the right will list the notificaiton for each thread you have subscribed to. You can change the notification preference to each thread by checking the block on the right and then select the desired subscription type from the pull down menu found in the lower right hand corner where it says selected threads. In this case you will want to click on no email notification. Then just click on go.

Hope this helps.

I am glad I called on re-enforcements.:)

Didn't see that part.Shows who's a newbie.

Back