• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How was your weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to Crufts to watch the Malamutes this weekend!! :)

Good fun if you dont mind standing around for a few hours to watch the dogs being judged (and yes, the dog show crowd are a LOT of strange people ;) )

Phil

Gosh, you all lead such exciting lives. I got groceries. Did laundry. Cleaned the bathrooms. Hooboy. I'm excited. Yeah, baby. I need a drink...

I've missed going to 2 hockey games due to illness in the family, my own. The good news is I've worn a path that will glow in the dark between my couch and the bathroom.

Bill

whoa those pics were scary martin!
glad to see you are fine and your usual self.if i was in your place i would have been mentally scarred for life

I am glad you're OK, Martin.

Who would be bickering with phil_t, if you weren't here? ;)

No, seriously, I am glad you're OK. It's frightening to realize, what can happen in a split second. :eek:

I think you should consider yourself lucky to walk away from that accident.

My weekend?

So far: Did a bit of cleaning, a bit of laundry (no, wait a minute. I never got around to that, blast it!), a lot of reading (I finished another read of LotR last night), a little TV, but there is never anything good on a saturday night. Went to bed early like a good girl, because today I need my strength. :rolleyes:

In an hour and a half, a friend of mine and his 8 year old twin boys, are picking me up for a sunday drive and ferry trip to the island Ærø (Aeroe - in case your software can't deal with the Danish alphabet) :cool:

So tonight I will be good and ready for a quiet evening in front of the tele.

That's about it!

Hobitten

I took Friday off and spent all day washing and detailing my car. Also, I made a pot roast. Yesterday I cleaned and did laundry. Today, I went to see an exhibit on chocolate, which made me really hungry. So we ate at a great diner, and then went to the chocolate shop. I've known of its existence for awhile but have been avoiding it in hopes of not making it a regular habit. It is full of much goodness. I also planted some lavender seeds, which I hope will grow despite my complete lack of gardening skills. I also made chili before I left, put in in the slow cooker, but evidently forgot to plug the slow cooker in, so have to cook it quite a bit faster now. Later, I'll make corn bread to go with it. Actually, it's more corn pone since the hubby is allergic to wheat and so it has to be made without flour, which affects the consistency quite a bit.

I've also been reading Sherlock Holmes all weekend. May have to quit soon, he and Watson are starting to get on my nerves.

Friday: worked, then chilled with my husband

Saturday: Worked on a friend's webpage (Redesign), worked out, read (finished the 3rd Chrestomanci novel), and watched COPS (rather, it was on and I was coloring)

Today: Came up to my parents, ate a delicious lunch with fried chicken, played horseshoes, and now chilling and watching old Tonight shows while reading this forum.

Originally posted by bobbyburns
I awoke from a strange and mysterious dream, then went adventuring.

How odd.

I had a strange and mysterious adventure, then had a dream!

:)

Regards
SillyWabbit

I had a strange and mysterious lunch, and decided, 15 minutes later, it was time for an adventurous trip to the bathroom.

By the way, thanks, all!!

Cheers, Martin :D

lol

How can I not? :D

That is like telling me not to press that big red button with the words "do not press the big red button." OF COARSE, I will push it. But then, i'm none too bright and insane! :)

Regards
Sillwabbit ( who is asking )

Ok, I'll expand the comment in my previous post:

Don't ask, because it isn't true.

Cheers, Martin :D

Originally posted by third man girl
Aargh! I skim-read that as 'chilled my husband'

Thought you'd put him in the deep freeze :eek:

Third Man Girl

Only when he's really made me angry :p

That's too funny, I do that all the time and have to go back and really read something after thinking "What?!?" to whatever I've just skim-read :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back