• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How was your weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin

No, seriously, how was your weekend? I'm talking 2 weeks ago, by the way.

Mine was fine. Did some work, went out, celebrated my mum's birthday, flipped my car 4 times ... you know, the usual.

This is what I crawled out of (unharmed, I might add):

View attachment atinypic_com_52maza

All in all, I've had better weekends.

Cheers, Martin
bawling.gif

I was late for work on Tuesday because some woman 'decided' to flip her car off the road and onto the train tracks.

How did your incident occur?

It was a cold night (it happened at night), so there was some frost on the window. At one point I tried to use my windshield wipers to get it off, and I looked at the window instead of through for like a second, and when I looked through the window again my right front wheel was off the road already. So, I freaked out, yanked my steering wheel to the left, started skidding and flipped over 4 times. Ended upside down.

I clearly remember waiting for the lights to go out, while all this was going down. So weird. Scared the shit out of me.

Cheers, Martin :D

Well we're all glad you are okay <pats Martin on the head>

Some days im glad i never drive anywhere!!

Phil :)

I wish we had the same sort of train system here in the states as you all do in Europe. I was in Ireland a number of years ago and I loved being able to take the train instead of driving. Course I almost got clipped several times stepping off the curb. Not used to the left turns into the right lane, or is it the left lane? Guess it depends on where you're standing, eh? And I about freaked my sister out when she visited from London. Turning right here, and another lane turning right towards us. She thought we were goners. Anyhoo, glad you're ok after that little episode, Martin.

PHEW!!!

Glad you are OK! :)

Be more careful, who would answer our questions???? :D

Regards
SillyWabbit

Martin!! :eek:

So glad you're okay. What did your mum have to say? Coming from another mum - I'd suggest you don't show her the pictures if she hasn't already seen them!

You've gotta be more careful. Like the wabbit said, "who would answer our questions?"

Ell

Let me add my gratitude for your well being also Martin. My son was hit head on by a drunk driver 2 moths ago & his car didn't look that bad. Just curious, did you change your knickers before or after you got home?
Oh and my weekend?.... I stayed indoors to avoid drivers like you.

Bill

Thanks all!!

Ell, my mum came and picked me up on 'the scene', so she saw the car upside down and all. She was quite cool and relaxed, in fact. Just glad I was ok, I guess. Or bummed out her sabotaging the car didn't work out as she planned. ;)

My girlfriend came with her, and she was completely freaked out, started crying and all that. That was the worst bit of the night, scaring her like that.

RaVeN, I didn't have to change my knickers, thank God! Once I crawled out of the car I was okay, but those few minutes (seconds?) in there, upside down, scared me like I've never been scared before. No fun, I can tell you.

Again, thanks all for your concerns! You're a cool bunch!

I'd like to share a similar experience that happened to me & a buddy back in the stone age, I think I was 19. We were on our way to work one winter's morn while driving a '70 AAR Plymouth Cuda (look it up if you like). Because of it's light ass-end the car had no business being on the road in the winter and to prove it I hit a patch of ice that threw us toward a ditch. We hit the ditch nose first and the car proceeded to flip end over end a half dozen times blowing out all the glass & all 4 tires off the rims in the process.
We landed in a field right next to a telephone poll & were lucky enough to survive with only a few minor cuts & scrapes. Having the wind knocked out of us we pretty much crawled back up to a road in time for a passing van to stop and check on us. The driver urged us to lie down in back of his van until we caught our bearings which we thankfully did.
In the course of general conversation he stated that he was on his way to work when he witnessed the accident. After we asked where it was that he worked he replied that he worked for the local funeral home.
Well, you never saw 2 guys with more recuperative powers. We bolted from the van without so much as a thank you and didn't stop running or laughing for 5 minutes.

Bill

Good story, RaVeN. Funny how the appropriate people alwats seem to be in the right place on the right time. At my accident a male nurse (or whatever you call it) was the first person to pull over.

Funny, that.

If I am ever involved in an accident then I want a cute nymphomaniac to pull over lol

HEY, I can dream, can't I? lol

:D

Regards
Sillywabbit

Glad to heard that you are ok and safe! Any injury? Iam sure you had some bruises.
Any planning this weekend??
Last weekend I went out for a meal and celebrated my birthday. Also visited to see my grandma in hospital which she is really ill. This weekend, cleaning my rooms, shopping, visiting to see my grandma and see my mates, of course reading book.
Everybody what do you doing this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back