• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Howdy Ya'll

TheCowboy

kickbox
This is a new guy on the block.

Hope that it will be fun getting to hear from some of you out there.

Later,

TheCowboy :)

Oh yeah, it's all been in the news yesterday and today. A dye called Sudan 1, which should only be used in non-edible stuff, has been used in food. :eek: This Sudan 1 causes changes in genes that can lead to cancer (I think). There is a list of about 359 foods that you should not eat. It's mostly supermarket own brand Cottage Pie ready-meals, but also Beef and Tomato Pot Noodles and Colman's Seafood Sauce. Try and look at the list if you can!

hehe, lucky I cook all my own meals and never eat ready meals! So that's me safe. I make a mean chili too!

Really, when are people going to learn? Everybody has been sucked into the myth and brainwashed by advertisements that "Convenience" food is quick, tasty, and good for you. It's not! It's crap! It's not cheap at all! I can cook cheaper than I can buy convenience foods. It won't have to take long. I can make something nice in 15 or 20 minuets. You just cook to your monetary and time budgets! Also, if you cook for yourself it will taste good and be good for you!

OK, I enjoy cooking. It's a hobby for me, but it's also a quality of life issue. Why eat that plastic food coloured crap? Start cooking and you won't go back :)

EDIT

An example taken at random

Tonight I had Chinese meal I cooked myself

Beef in a sweet chili sauce served with onion fried rice. Yum!

Cost of meal assuming you cook and you have basic food items stocked in your home

Steak Mince
For the sauce: dark soy sauce, sherry or wine, brown sugar, chili
Onion rice: Rice, onion, garlic

Mince = 97 pence
Onion = 30 pence
fresh chili = 46 pence

I assume if you cook you would have the rest in your home ( at least I have them in my cupboard )

So, price of nice Chinese meal £1.82 not bad at all, right?

Back